Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Springfield M6 Scout

They were issued to USAF aircrew men for a while they came in two versions a .22lr/ .410 and a .22 hornet/.410. The civilian m6's were taped for a scope mount but the military verson was not. The USAF only used the .22 hornet/.410 to my knowlage.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
If you are wanting it for a survival gun it would be great. The ammo is light, inexpensive, and available everywhere. It is easy to pack, and very light.

Beentown

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
If you are wanting it for a survival gun it would be great. The ammo is light, inexpensive, and available everywhere. It is easy to pack, and very light.

Beentown

That is always in the back of my mind! ;)

However, the main purpose would be a gun for the kids without going the Rossi route.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
If it is going to be a gun for the kids I recommend buying seperate firearms unless they are familiar with shooting. Lets say a cricket and a NEF single shot 410. The M6 has some kick in 410 as it only weighs four pounds.

The one I saw had a trigger bar and not an actual trigger. It didn't seem conducive with teach good trigger pull/marksmenship. Just MHO...

Beentown

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
If it is going to be a gun for the kids I recommend buying seperate firearms unless they are familiar with shooting. Lets say a cricket and a NEF single shot 410. The M6 has some kick in 410 as it only weighs four pounds.

The one I saw had a trigger bar and not an actual trigger. It didn't seem conducive with teach good trigger pull/marksmenship. Just MHO...

Beentown

Makes sense, thanks for the feedback!

I also found out that they stop manufacturing the M6 in 2008, so it looks like I will have trouble finding one. It is a gun I want to add to my collection. My gun guy I contacted about getting pricing on the M6 told me he had a lead on a Rossi .22/20 guage from a private collection for $100. I know I said I didn't want to go the Rossi route, but that seems like a good buy as it comes with the cases for the gun and the extra barrel. It's hard to pass up any gun for $100. So...do you have any thoughts on the Rossi now? :D

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
No issues with the Rossi rifle. That is a good deal with the extras.

Beentown

Good news, then. I already told him I would take it.

P.S. Were you at the BEC shoot? If so, were you the one with the boy who had the toy crossbow?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Yes I was there. If I had a boy he wouldn't have had a x-gun :smiley_breakdance: I brought my two girls with me. I think I just missed you and Jlope.

Beentown