Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Squirjal Recipes

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I plan on doing some serious squirrel hunting this year since I got in uglykat's contest on OS. I'm not much for cleaning and eating squirrel, but if I'm gonna kill a bunch, I gotta deal with it. Looking for some good crock pot style recipes for squirrel. Anyone got one they like?

Geezer

*Hims a Super Moderator*
I plan on doing some serious squirrel hunting this year since I got in uglykat's contest on OS. I'm not much for cleaning and eating squirrel, but if I'm gonna kill a bunch, I gotta deal with it. Looking for some good crock pot style recipes for squirrel. Anyone got one they like?

Fug that crock post shit - clean uhm - soak them in a mild salt water solution in the frig over nite - drain and dry - bread and fry uhm in a pan - dang kids :smiley_breakdance:

http://www.backwoodsbound.com/zsquir.html

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm gonna eat some of 'em too. I hate 'em 9 times outta 10...but they aint too bad the 10th...wtf. I like shooting 'em, and give a bunch away each year. Seems I rarely have em fixed right...at least thats what everyone tells me as I choke and gag on a tough to chew rat....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'm gonna eat some of 'em too. I hate 'em 9 times outta 10...but they aint too bad the 10th...wtf. I like shooting 'em, and give a bunch away each year. Seems I rarely have em fixed right...at least thats what everyone tells me as I choke and gag on a tough to chew rat....

That's why I shoot the small ones... Shake some vines and get the little ones to run out of the nests. :smiley_bbq: