Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Squirrel Calls

Bigcountry40

Looking for squirrel call recommendations. I never really used one and only squirrel hunt one or twice a year, but my boys have taken a likin to it and want to get them both calls for their birthday in a couple of months.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Loking for squirrel call recommendations. I never really used one and only squirrel hunt one or twice a year, but my boys have taken a likin to it and want to get them both calls for their birthday in a couple of months.

I've never really had any luck with them. Haven't used them that much either though.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
1201C252-9795-4D9F-A1B6-F843A9F032A2.png

I don’t have this one but it’s very similar. They work. I haven’t squirrel hunted much for many years, but these things work great to get one to show his head. Even if they are settled down for a nap it seems to bring them out for a look. Handy after a shot to bring another one out to play too.

Jamie

Ohio
Rub two quarters together
This actually works. Sounds just like a squirrel cutting a nut. I had as much luck doing this as I ever did with a squacker call, but I was mostly shooting arrows at them back when I used to squirrel hunt without dogs. And it only costs 50 cents.😁

Buckmaster

Portage
I have a squirrel whistle somewhere deep in my 1980’s hunting attire. It’s a double coned shaped piece of metal with a hole in the middle. About the size of a quarter and it hangs on a lanyard. I also have one like Brock’s but wood and rubber.