Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Start - Stop

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
I hear that some models will auto disable this annoying feature if you have a tow hitch or have a load plugged into the trailer harness. So far I've been fortunate enough to not have this crap on my trucks.

Reactions: "J"

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It's supposedly a fuel effencey thing, manufacturers got government epa kickbacks if they equipped vehicles with it. Thanks obama

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That stop start module I linked turns it off automatically when the vehicle starts. I would always forget and it would die at the end of the driveway. Pissed me off. Yeah it's $110 and that was a hard pill to swallow but this vehicle would have been sent down the road if I couldn't have turned it off somehow.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
This is an option that won't risk voiding your warranty via reprogramming.

You can sometimes find them cheaper on amazon or ebay.

They're pricey at $100+ but worth it. Nice to see they have competition. The one I have from smart start-stop is worth every penny. It was a hard pill to swallow but until this thread I completely forgot the car had it.

Reactions: Tipmoose

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Reminds me of when I unplugged the seat belt alarm in my Jeep Cherokee, then t-boned an old man that pulled out in front of me. They couldn't figure out why the airbag didn't go off, then the light bulb went off in my head and sure enough, that was why.