Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

State Parks Offer Special Archery Hunt Lotteries on Sept. 22

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
This is why I don't gamble. Vetserans draw 8 from about 20. Nada. Guy ahead and behind me drew.

Regular draw 8 of about 40. I was number 36. They drew a 35, 38, and 33.

Had to show a valid hunting license to enter and mine was on my phone. Had a park officer who was helping the person drawing tell me to make sure when hunting that I had a printed copy of my license. I informed him that a digital copy was legal but a tag had to be printed. He said in the park it has to be printed even in the public hunting area. I told him he doesn't have the authority to supersede licensing requirements passed by the state legislature. Jeez.

Reactions: jagermeister

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
This is why I don't gamble. Vetserans draw 8 from about 20. Nada. Guy ahead and behind me drew.

Regular draw 8 of about 40. I was number 36. They drew a 35, 38, and 33.

Had to show a valid hunting license to enter and mine was on my phone. Had a park officer who was helping the person drawing tell me to make sure when hunting that I had a printed copy of my license. I informed him that a digital copy was legal but a tag had to be printed. He said in the park it has to be printed even in the public hunting area. I told him he doesn't have the authority to supersede licensing requirements passed by the state legislature. Jeez.

...and when he drew your number he called, "35" Ha.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I went to Caesar Creek - there were about 40 people there. They drew 18 numbers. The second number drawn was 42 - the guy I was sitting talking to beforehand, and right in line before me. My number was #43. They drew 45, 46, 41, 40. The very last number drawn: 43:)

I've never tried for one of these controlled hunts before, and I'm pretty happy to have gotten lucky. That said, because I was the last drawn, I had no choice of the dates or hunt spots.

At CC they broke the campground down into 3 sections, and nine 2-week time increments
Since I was the last drawn, I got the last time slot (jan13-26).
At least I didn't have to make any decisions, and the time slot doesn't interfere with any other plans I had.

Now I just gotta figure out how to hunt it.

And thanks to Wildlife for starting the thread. Wouldn't have known otherwise.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Congrats to all those that got into a controlled hunt (y)

I've done at least three of them over the years.

I mainly harvested does, however during the last one I was apart of, I harvested a real nice 143" 9pt.

I simply couldn't resist the 25 yard opportunity.

He made it 'TOO' easy for me.

So best of luck to all you guys that got in!

Make the best of it & enjoy it :)

Attachments

• 2011_9pt.jpg
    2011_9pt.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 153

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
...and when he drew your number he called, "35" Ha.

He was checking the license and veterans paperwork before the line for drawing tickets. I was nice about it but I'd rather someone correct him now before that jack wagon tries to hem someone up in the woods with his made up rules.

Bigcountry40

I heard the Maumee drawing was packed and they only had 15 slots, I figured it would be with limited access to hunters in Toledo area.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
I heard the Maumee drawing was packed and they only had 15 slots, I figured it would be with limited access to hunters in Toledo area.

I almost went to this one, I figured there would be a big turnout. A buddy of mine sent a picture of all the hopefully hunters. Needless to say he did not a get a spot. Over a hundred people put in he said.