Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stickin Freezer

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Today I have got nothing that I planned accomplished. First off I ended up covering for another guy at work. Spent the morning climbing on and off a roof of a church working on their A/C to find out I couldn't get it fixed today anyways. :smiley_boos: At least I was getting paid for that. Just as leaving that call for home the wife calls and says the freezer is running but everything is thawing out. :smiley_confused_vra :smiley_boos: Come to find the compressor on the freezer is trying to run put is kicking out on internal overload. That means 1 of 2 things. Hopefully it is just the run capacitor and will only take a couple of bucks to fix. If that is not it then the compressor is locked up and that means a new freezer, which is not in the budget right now. We where fortunate enough to have caught it in time to save most of the meat.

Sorry just wanted to do some venting. Thanks for listening.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Steve hoping it works out for your wallet man.... Sucks when that kinda of stuff happens and it's never easy is it.... Sometimes just less painfull.....

badger

*Supporting Member*
The day we were married, my daughter left my freezer door open and I didn't know for two days. I lost a bunch of hog, deer, squirrel and fish.

Steve, I hope you get the problem fixed.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Hoyt,

I have an extra, newer stand up freezer right now. If you want it you can have it and pay me when you get the extra $. Just a thought.... I just happened to unplug and clean it out last night.

Beentown

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hate to hear it Steve, but sounds like a blessing your wife caught it.

Heckuva offer Beener!

Huckleberry Finn

Hoyt,

I have an extra, newer stand up freezer right now. If you want it you can have it and pay me when you get the extra $. Just a thought.... I just happened to unplug and clean it out last night.

Beentown

And that's why I'm proud to be a member of TOO.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
GREAT NEWS!!!! I got the capacitor checked out today and that was bad. So it turns out that it was a $15 fix for the freezer. I like when things work out that way.

Beener thanks again for the offer of the freezer. I'm right there with Huck. There has been more than once that this group has extended out their help just like you where family. It is the greatest place to call HOME!!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Glad for you man. Was about to PM you back. Now I just need to shoot enough this year TOO fill it and a smaller unit.

Beentown