Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Street Bike vs. ATV

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I thought the same man. That's why I made the "doucher" comment. We were thinking CBR...

Yup.

In regards to a front tire, some of those fat tires on the cruisers are pricey. $2-300 by the time you pay to have it changed, mounted, balanced, and out the door is not out of line. It isn't like a quad or dirt bike tire I could change for you with a couple tire irons.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Yup.

In regards to a front tire, some of those fat tires on the cruisers are pricey. $2-300 by the time you pay to have it changed, mounted, balanced, and out the door is not out of line. It isn't like a quad or dirt bike tire I could change for you with a couple tire irons.

Good to know you offer that Phil...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good to know you offer that Phil...

You got it brother! I have had many a blood blisters changing out tires the night before a race on my dirt bike to combat different terrain conditions. Never failed you had hard compound tires on and worked all week to find out where you are going racing it had rained all week and you need your softer compound mud tires on. This poor guy couldn't afford multiple rims for different tires. Just swapped them out when I needed different ones and prayed you didn't pinch the tube.

I've wanted one of those VTX cruisers for some time. :smiley_depressive: I found a black and chrome '06 Retro model with 6K miles, over by Mt. Victory, for $5K. It has Vance & Hines Big Shots, saddle bags and a wind screen. However, I opted for a kayak instead. :smiley_chinrub:

As it turns out, it was a good choice. :smiley_blink: I don't have as many people pulling out in front of me, it's a lot easier on gas and insurance (doesn't exist) and I catch more fish...in comparison.

Bowhunter57

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
First thought reading first post - "Ya can't haul a deer on a street bike, so what's it good for..."
but I don't know nothin.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
The reason the guy is offering the trade is he cannot find a buyer for the honda and thinks he could flip your atv for more cash. The $5300 price sounds reasonable but not now. The bottom fell out of the Harley market completely, way too many for sale, so dont even dream of getting $5300 for a hardley. a realistic value on the honda right now is a $3000 cash.
Look around, see how many Harley dealers have gone out of business in the past year.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
The reason the guy is offering the trade is he cannot find a buyer for the honda and thinks he could flip your atv for more cash. The $5300 price sounds reasonable but not now. The bottom fell out of the Harley market completely, way too many for sale, so dont even dream of getting $5300 for a hardley. a realistic value on the honda right now is a $3000 cash.
Look around, see how many Harley dealers have gone out of business in the past year.

This is true Cotty....Supply and Demand caught up a few years ago on the Harleys. I have an 86 Softail with 26,000 original miles that was once worth 16-18 thousand.....Now it is 6-7,000...... The Yapanese Bikes were once saught after because of price difference ~~ Now you can get a Harley for about nothing. Craigslist it or Ebay with a reserve or Buy it now price. Ebay fee's are a liitle pricey, so do some research before setting a price. Either way, post lots of pics as your Quad is in Excellent condition. Also let them know it was Adult owned and operated only and was not ridden hard at all ~~ These are the things that appealed to me when I bought the Rincon. (He sent me like 12 great pics of the condition) Facts like this were important so I drove clear to Greenup Ky to get it. Good Luck!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Wanna buy it? I could swing a three person deal. Kinda like a three team trade in the major leagues.

no thanks, I need a motorcycle like a I need a hole in the head.

I have been told I am not allowed to have another one hahahahaha

I wrecked mine doing an 80 mph wheelie when my wife was 8 months pregnant with my daughter. Since then, she doesnt like them too much anymore lol

I will get acruiser some day, but right now its def. not in the cards

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
no thanks, I need a motorcycle like a I need a hole in the head.

I have been told I am not allowed to have another one hahahahaha

I wrecked mine doing an 80 mph wheelie when my wife was 8 months pregnant with my daughter. Since then, she doesnt like them too much anymore lol

I will get acruiser some day, but right now its def. not in the cards

So what you are saying is you used to be one of those "Douchers" that Jesse was talking about.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I recently read a couple quotes which sound as if they fit rgecko's situation:

"Woman inspires us to great things, and prevents us from achieving them."

"You know what I did before I married? Anything I wanted to!"

It's okay Wayne. She might have done you a favor.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Riding a sport bike doesn't make you a douche necessarily. But I know a ton of douchers with sport bikes. They seem to go hand in hand! lmao

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I never owned a sport bikefor one simple reason. I knew I didn't have enough common sense to own one.

If something is designed to go 200 mph then bt gollies I'm going 200 mph. Thats why I got a HD

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I never owned a sport bikefor one simple reason. I knew I didn't have enough common sense to own one.

If something is designed to go 200 mph then bt gollies I'm going 200 mph. Thats why I got a HD

Same here minus having a HD. Top Gun is my favorite movie and I wanted to be a fighter pilot until I had my concussion in high school. I had "the need for speed" and a CBR 1100 was the ticket! Fortunately for my welfare, I never went through with it. I've had dozens of chances to ride them and never have. At this point in my life, I see myself on a HD just out for a cruise...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've rode plenty of streetbikes and dirtbikes in my day. They are fun, but personally I have no desire to own a streetbike. I know too many people, who are/were seasoned riders, that were involved in wrecks (some fatal) that weren't their own fault. No matter how good you are on a bike, it's a roll of the dice every time you take it out. Don't get me wrong, I do like motorcycles... they're fun as hell... They're just not worth the risk to me. I'd sell it, Mike.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

I have owned them. Not necessarily a "crotch rocket" but I have owned plenty of go fast bikes. The last one I owned that could easily get a novice killed was a 1983 Honda CB1100F. It had been drag raced prior to my purchase. 36mm smooth bore cards, 4-1 Kirker header with a slip on, etc. etc. Top end speed was not over the top (130-140mph), but being setup for drag racing it got there right NOW! I did some stupid things on that bike. Sold it along with my dirt bikes, and my one vehicle with a payment in order to buy my house. Took me 8 years before I bought another road bike. By this time I was married, had 2 kids, and felt I had enough self discipline to ride on the road again. i know EXACTLY what Hoytmania is talking about. It is like a drug for some of us. That is why I now own classic and cool. My 1974 Norton Commando 850 Roadster was a hot rod in it's day, but now it is more likely to see me putting around scouting for deer in the country than it is to being redlined in every gear. In fact, the last 2-3 years I never even took it out. What a waste.