Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stressless #1 and #2 Hitlist '19-'20 survived.. Frasier and Niles... Martin is AWOL

Stressless

Keene, OH
IMG_0678(1).JPG

Stressless

Keene, OH
Ya I started doing the naming thing years ago, moved away "gimmicky" names. I go by, oh like using Game of Thrones, Town names by appearance in the books, So the bucks get them about Aug.. WinterFell, Volantis, Kings Landing... I just pick a genre and category, 2019 was the sitcom Fraiser / Actor Names.... you'd be surprised how well it works, you can associate bucks by age class just as soon as you see one and recognize the antlers. It's the genre you picked for that year when you named the Hitlist.

Reactions: finelyshedded

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Ya I started doing the naming thing years ago, moved away "gimmicky" names. I go by, oh like using Game of Thrones, Town names by appearance in the books, So the bucks get them about Aug.. WinterFell, Volantis, Kings Landing... I just pick a genre and category, 2019 was the sitcom Fraiser / Actor Names.... you'd be surprised how well it works, you can associate bucks by age class just as soon as you see one and recognize the antlers. It's the genre you picked for that year when you named the Hitlist.
I like it! Next year I’ll name mine after the movie “Life” with Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence...hows Jing-a-Ling Jing-a-Ling and Cant Get Right sound?😂

Stressless

Keene, OH
Some of the neighbors are in a very loose Co-Op but similar desired outcomes - big, i.e., mature bucks. About 2400 contiguous acres. It helps the story line with bucks and with the guys that share pics to keep tabs and know which ones where KIA, WIA or just AWOL. Just fun and trying to learn about their behavior. My neighbor is Monster Killer, most of us only hunt bow for bucks, cull out Mature Does after the main gun season.

As to the Question of what draws 2 mature bucks and their 3 sidekicks... Cocoa Powder - Nope.

Martin.JPG

Fraiser.JPG

Niles.JPG

2020 will Prolly be NFL team names, Brown, Steeler, Cowboy, Giant, etc... Works fairly well. "I'd like to Harpoon Steeler", has a nice ring to it. :ROFLMAO: