Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stressless 2022-2023 Whitetail journal

Stressless

Keene, OH
My niece let me know this afternoon she's coming Sunday to help process deer, I skined my first doe and had it in the yeti nice and cold, Zak wants his two for meat, I'm gonna run outa freezer space after about 1.5 more so I decided to try and fill my last tag,

Wanted to go to Halfway blind, got there but at 1530 there were 4 slickheads in the plot and I blew them out so I figured I screwed that spot.

Went to a spot I hadn't hunted and grabbed the card. Saw that a couple family groups came in about 1710 or so.

Four slickheads came in and a big doe at 1715 or so right on time. The big ol'gurl was in back and watched the kids "not get shot" and came in, never gave me a broadside shot, so I crushed her head at 26yds.

20221202_164515.jpg

Tagged out in Coshocton County and happy as a clam..

..as it turned out could of stayed at Halfway, pics show s rodeo started about an hour after I bumped them off at 1530. I don't reset my cams for daylight saving changes.

24634.jpeg

That piebald buck is a regular on the farm and he's a chubby lil guy.
24637.jpeg

Last edited:

Stressless

Keene, OH
20221203_170322.jpg

Just did a stalk tonight to see if I could. Last light on Sat of gun season when all the property's have been hit hard. Had 8 deer within 90yds very fun! Very happy with where I've gotten the property.

Spent all day processing the 4 deer w Zak- many interruptions mom and Lowell, rain etc but we are taking our time gonna finish up tomorrow.

Stressless

Keene, OH
Closing out the 22-23 season with this one. John aka "Mooch" a retired Marine fighter pilot has been a regular at the farm for years. Making the trek a couple times a year to help with reg chores and also to lend his back to the numerous projects I concoct. He's got one kiddo still at home so time, as we all know is precious, with family. @MoochCarroll thx man for the laffs, work and mostly for making time!
20221122_213748.jpg