Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stressless's 2021 Season Journal

Stressless

Keene, OH
After getting the game care completed; 61.2# meat complety free of bone, fat and silver skin - chunked Dutton meat, kept the backstraps and tenderloins separate. That'll go to the neighbor Cliffs processor in Wisconsin-
Guys, he had a mess made out of his Elk last year and its the best anyone has ever tasted, Chris, Cliff, Me, Mooch, My Cadet, mom, her campion, if you can its worth it.
20211031_081420.jpg

... so after we finished up, I Went around today with my cadet and we filled the feeders and pulled cards.

Kinda nice to get a decent video of the buck, Dutton opening up a scrape on the other side of the property from where he died.

That's the first core buck I've really been able to target and have successfully hunted. So he's P&Y and a long way from B&C - I am hopeful that the following seasons will see more and bigger core bucks, with the grounds now dialed in and producing quality forage.

A radish from inside the utilization cage.

20211028_132810.jpg

20211030_181247.jpg

Dutton came in at 151 4/8 gross, lil more than guessed and 129 5/8 net little less than guessed.

20211031_215503.jpg

Last edited:

Stressless

Keene, OH
Welp, now I'm kinda like the team manager and seeing who if anybody will be back and healty for the next season, someone foul tipped the 10pt Peterman. Beamed in after a notice and found a rut rodeo going on in Ski Jump.

When you say Baiting Mature Bucks - when not chasing the doe he came in a hit the feeder 3 times - towards the end he stops at the hung licking branch and opens the scrape under it - a single malt was poured while this was going on live - (CamClock is an hour off due to sync issues with my phone time)

Hopefully he makes it - we'll see....