Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stressless's 2021 Season Journal

Stressless

Keene, OH
Got .66" of rain today at the farm and just in time for the plots - kind of figured I'd replant if it got to 2-3 weeks with no rain. Supposed to do 1" tomorrow and if that happens I'll be done with anything "plot-ish" until I blow the leaves off next spring. This .25 acre of oats and peas has really filled in in the last 9 days - I think the rye and clover stuttered a bit but with the juice today and 🙏 tomorrow it'll really fill in the horizontal space.

IMAG0221-100-221.jpg

A deer blowing in the front of the 9 deer food line and that's kinda cool.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Really happy with 1.12" of 🌧️ today. That'll be a wrap for any planting of the food plots.

Best of luck to anybody fortunate enough to get to go sit on this Sat Opening Day Cold front. 🦌 getrdone.

First Ohio opener ill miss in 15 years. As for the rain, keep it, we've had about 7 days of it down here. I bet we had 9 inches

Stressless

Keene, OH
I feel you, over here in the panhandle I had a 5 gallon bucket fill completely up out on my open patio.... 17"-18" with pre-Nicholas to about Sunday...

While I watched my plots get zero up North.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I feel you, over here in the panhandle I had a 5 gallon bucket fill completely up out on my open patio.... 17"-18" with pre-Nicholas to about Sunday...

While I watched my plots get zero up North.

I keep forgetting you're just down the road.

Stressless

Keene, OH
Boys will be boys..

Just watching the cell cams and counting the days. The brassicas got smashed by the deer so late season grub for them will be more scarce then the plan - not sure if I'll be able to get to Strouds now - project schedule slide to the right 'Su-prise Su-prize Surprise'.... dangiT.

Another Jr. Varsity match.. lol

Last edited:

Stressless

Keene, OH
Couldn't take it and headed out a day or two ago, got the rye layered into the decimated brassicas areas yesterdaybefore. 6" of rain.

20211016_101928.jpg

This is by far the latest I've planted anything. Filled the empty feeders and gonna work out the kinks in gear for a day, then a couple days it'll be idle, back at it tomorrow and Mon AM then again Thurs.

Sitting for the first time in '21 this evening for whitetails, like to harvest a good doe. Don't expect to see much bone based on the cams reporting, I should have a initial list built by early next week.z

No sign of Niles or any bucks from last year except Dutton.

Very happy with the screen I tried this year, my fingertips are at 8'...

20211014_133745.jpg

1 Potato.JPG

2 Potato.JPG

Also looks like a got a good catch of the overseeded rye into the legumes- Spoil Plot doing well.

20211014_132109.jpg

Reactions: Trueroots and OO2