Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Strouds 2022: Week of October 17-23, 2022

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Just spoke with Chef-boy-r- @Dannmann801 and it looks like he will be going into the "Hunters cabin" starting Wednesday. The "Drinkers cabin" wont need reserved until Thursday. I will be getting a hold of Shelly Rex at some point today to get the cabins secured and all of the camper slots blocked off for us starting Sunday October 16th - Sunday October 23rd. If Im not mistaken the cabins are $40 a night. Ill let the cabin sleepers work out who owes what. Ill post more details if I get any from Shelly. I also believe that Shelly discussed with @bowhunter1023 Jesse last year about a lump sum for the camper slots instead of X amount per night per slot.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Just spoke with Chef-boy-r- @Dannmann801 and it looks like he will be going into the "Hunters cabin" starting Wednesday. The "Drinkers cabin" wont need reserved until Thursday. I will be getting a hold of Shelly Rex at some point today to get the cabins secured and all of the camper slots blocked off for us starting Sunday October 16th - Sunday October 23rd. If Im not mistaken the cabins are $40 a night. Ill let the cabin sleepers work out who owes what. Ill post more details if I get any from Shelly. I also believe that Shelly discussed with @bowhunter1023 Jesse last year about a lump sum for the camper slots instead of X amount per night per slot.
Can you ask her if they can cut the grass that week also? Like last year.

Reactions: Dustinb80

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I can bring a large (8 or 10qt) dutch oven. I'll make at least one meal in it.

I'll also have a table, white gas stove, lantern, thermocell, cooler, etc. Canopy?

Is it worth bringing a fishing pole if i get tired of chasing tree rats?

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
There's fish, just not a farm pond kind. We fished it a few times in college and just dinks. Last year we discussed renting a small boat and trying some of the deeper spots. Plenty of reports of guys catching decent ones out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: giles and Hedgelj

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I spoke with Shelly and we have both cabins on lockdown starting Wednesday. They are $35 a night on Wednesday and Thursday, and $45 a night for Friday and Saturday . As far as the camper/rv spots, they are 1st come 1st serve. I mentioned to her that I know her and Jesse spoke last year about a single price for the 5 spots for the week. She said she will discuss it with Mike and get back to me in a few days with a price. Knowing it's 1st come 1st serve, myself with a few others are planning on arriving Sunday. I'll have my camper in 1 spot and my truck in another in hopes that we can cover all 5 spots in the first few days so that we can secure all 5 next to each other like last year. I know a few others mentored arriving on Sunday as well, can I get an idea of who and when?

Once I hear back from Shelly on the price, yall will know.