Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Strutters

my buddy is looking for some for the pay lake to catch people coming in after every ones gone for the night , ill wait to see what the tell joe on the firmware update before i bring it up to him , for that price we could set up a few around the lake and have all the entry spots coverd

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
They started at about 6:35. One Jake about every 10 minutes. And the two I was looking for sounded off together only once about 6:55.. Alex's bird almost across county only gobbled 2-3 times. Starting to get henned up boys. At least they're where they're supposed to be. As GI joe always said. Knowing is half the battle.

Oh by the way. Just got my first skeeter bite. Now it feels more like turk season.

Darron

Dayton, Ohio
Yeah... Tar hollow. :smiley_crocodile:

Speaking of the VC I scouted yesterday. I heard several birds on my place (6-8 all grouped up) but trail cam pics prove that most if not all of these birds are jakes. I might give them a rest this year and allow them to mature and hunt them hard next spring. In the mean time hunt some of the other farms I have permission for. If hard times come the end of the season, maybe go in there and give it a shot to see if any mature birds moved in.

I sure would like to see all/most of those jakes make it to next year. If so, talk about having a ball next spring.

My travels though around the county show much less visual turkey sightings than in years past.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
GOBBLE GOBBEL... :)

GOBBLE GOBBEL... :) Ended up with about 200 pictures of these guys on the 12th.. A hen walked in front of the cam and 5 minutes later they were both there. They hung around until about noon.. She came back in the evening and they were both there within 10 minutes...

The good news is it looks like there are only maybe 6-7 hens and 3 toms. :)