Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Summit Open Shot converted to a "sit & climb"

I've not liked how this stand climbs since I purchased it. (n) I read where someone added a piece of rope to the hand climber to make it a "sit & climb". This got me to thinking of how I could make something more comfortable than a single piece of rope. I have an extra safety strap for a tree harness and decided to use it.
I leave the strap on the climber and when I'm hunting it's easily pushed to the back and out of the way. I attach it to an S-Biner that is part of the lanyard between the platform and climber....but you could just leave it hang there. :unsure:
OS 3.jpg

All you have to do is step in between the belt and the climber and sit down. I have the hand climber a little above hip height, when I sit down. Then I lift the platform by hooking my feet in the stirrups and stand back up. It goes pretty quick and quiet too. A lot less effort than the way it was designed to climb, that's for sure! (y):cool:
OS 4.jpg

OS 5.jpg

OS 6.jpg

I leave it attached to the climber and it packs out quietly too. :) I use the Summit cinch strap to secure it, along with the climber portion, which works out great. 💯
OS 9.jpg

I've used this stand 4x and YES, it's the same one that's in the Classifieds. :cool:
Even with this modification, I don't like this stand and will be selling it. Wish there was a way to "test drive" one of these stands before buying it, but I didn't think there would be that much of a difference from my Summit Viper....I was wrong. :cautious:

Reactions: Deersurgeon