Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sunday Dinner Anyone?

badger

*Supporting Member*
Growing up, Sunday dinners were always big home cooked meals. To this day I try to do a nice home cooked meal on Sunday when I can.

Today I baked some squirrel, made some home made dressing with feral hog sausage, gravy, and aperagus.

This stuff was beyond good!

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Looks good Dale.... my wife always makes full spread for Sunday dinner.... today was a standing rib roast...... with scallop potatoes ..... really good when slow roasted all day.....

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Yep, Sunday always holds a meaning for either a family breakfast at my dad's or a dinner, brunch/dinner on Sunday at the in laws. Usually based around a game (Indians, Browns) or just to get the family together. Definitley a thing that is dying out quick......that plate looks awesome!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Love the Busch heavy son! I've been drinking more of that myself!!!

Sunday dinner was a big thing when my grandmother was still alive, but as died off since. I do make an attempt to make a dinner like we had last night with thick sirloin steaks, potatoes, and corn. If we don't cook, we go to Hibachi grill for their $5.95 happy hour!!!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
40 years ago when the grandparents still ruled the family we would ALWAYS have Sunday supper. ( 3-4 family's rotating each Sunday) After they passed and the kids all went separate ways, if sort of faded.

I have tried to do it w/ my kids when I'm home but its sadly missed.

badger

*Supporting Member*
40 years ago when the grandparents still ruled the family we would ALWAYS have Sunday supper. ( 3-4 family's rotating each Sunday) After they passed and the kids all went separate ways, if sort of faded.

I have tried to do it w/ my kids when I'm home but its sadly missed.

Meal time with the family is sadly missed all across this country. If more families would sit down, eat together and communicate, it would be a good start on mending our communities.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
oh we eat at the table in my house....You dont eat in the living room unles its a holiday and there isnt any room left....

Being together at the dinner table and TV and phones off is def. needed