Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sweat equity? Or don’t sweat it? A lesson in managing balance.

Dustinb80

DON'T GIVE UP, DON'T EVER GIVE UP
Supporting Member
3rd Rock From The Sun
I'd like to say that I really enjoyed reading this entire thread guys.

As an outside observer more or less, this kind of conversation/topic discussion is something that I would've easily expected between a couple of good personal friends. Not necessarily in an open internet hunting forum among strangers really. I'm encouraged to see this level of comroderry among fellow hunters that may or may not have ever met before face to face.

That being said, tip of the hat to you Jesse for sharing with all of us.

In my mind, your post speaks volumes about you, not just as a hunter, but as real good guy in life, someone that I wouldn't mind having within my inner circle of close friends.

Best of luck to you and your family going forward and with all your life endeavors!
Stick around long enough and you'll realize we are a family.

Wildlife

Supporting Member
Southern Ohio
We built this place to be something more than just a forum. Thanks to all the great members we've attracted over the years, we were successful in creating something more. This is deer camp for a new era!
Yes, it's obvious to me after reading quite a bit here lately, trying to catch up. Like I mentioned in my status recently, I'm glad to be back and you all can bet that I'll be sticking around. This will be my home for now on going forward for all my hunting info and shared experiences.

I appreciate everyone's warm welcome back, thank you!

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yes, it's obvious to me after reading quite a bit here lately, trying to catch up. Like I mentioned in my status recently, I'm glad to be back and you all can bet that I'll be sticking around. This will be my home for now on going forward for all my hunting info and shared experiences.

I appreciate everyone's warm welcome back, thank you!
Oh and our pictures don't mysteriously disappear after a week. And if they did you can bet your ass I'd have it fixed in a heartbeat. Guess that's a benefit to having admins that post more than three times a month huh. 😂

Wildlife

Supporting Member
Southern Ohio
Oh and our pictures don't mysteriously disappear after a week. And if they did you can bet your ass I'd have it fixed in a heartbeat. Guess that's a benefit to having admins that post more than three times a month huh. 😂
Music to my hears!

Much of my content/posts tend to have photos & videos with them. Most will be fairly self explanatory.

Appreciate it, thank you!

giles

Village idiot and local whore
Supporting Member
In a bar
As I stood in a field today being humbled by rain drops. I thought to myself “I got off on the wrong exit somewhere in life”. After a few hours of this, you text me about your situation today and it grounded me. I literally started smiling. 40*, raining, no rain gear with me and I was happy about it.

All that made me think of this thread. Sometimes we end up places we never thought we would. Nate and I had a talk about this just the other night. Find that thing in life you’re “missing”, let it bring it back together and find joy in what you do. Let’s not forget why we do this.