Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tactacam Reveal Cell Camera

740hunter

Coshocton
I wasn't really sure where to put this because I don't have the camera yet, but I just ordered one today. The price point ($119) and all of the features just seem TOO good to be true. Once I get it and run it for a while I will post pictures.

Mike
Screenshot (2).png

Fletch

Supporting Member
Alot of places have this camera for $99.99... I was about to order one and opted out as alot of dusk and dawn photos seem to be out of focus... Good Luck with your purchase and post some pics...

oz1195

Update: Started to get pics pretty quick once it’s was set up. Birds were triggering it and some smaller does. I have noticed that if anything is moving at a decent pace it blurs the image. I do have it set to take pictures and video. Unfortunately it only sends the pic not the video. So far I’m loving it, it’s my first cell cam. For the money I don’t think you can beat what this camera does and it’s fairly inexpensive for the plans. I pay 13 a month for unlimited pics. I already ordered two more. Another cool thing is that it gets signal in places I don’t get cell signal.

Attachments

• 8E6191BE-C9E7-48C7-8FB5-9589EEB798AF.jpeg
    8E6191BE-C9E7-48C7-8FB5-9589EEB798AF.jpeg
    300 KB · Views: 244
  • D84DE5C4-055B-440E-B28B-F5B97D72D98A.jpeg
    D84DE5C4-055B-440E-B28B-F5B97D72D98A.jpeg
    307.5 KB · Views: 235

Hunter II

My dad and I bought a Tactacam and a Moultrie xa6000. I had to send the first moultrie back due to a bad PIR sensor. Getting a replacement was easy and second cam has worked perfectly.
My dad is non-technical and the Tactacam has been easy enough for him to use. I think both are great cams for $100.
Here are 2 pics to compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oz1195

These talk on archery talk about these. I’m gathering from all the talk that u3 class photo cards are the best for these. This was posted from someone that works for tactacam: U1 will work, but the u3 transmits the data 3x faster than a u1 and will work better long term.

Reactions: Big_Holla

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've wondered about that. Never heard of u3. U2 I have....lol. Anyway, my cell cam instructions say to use a class 10. Whether Moultrie or Spypoint. I do have a few of the 10s, but I'm using regulars as well with no notice of any difference in performance.

oz1195

Once I get the different cards and use them I’ll post pic from them. I should have them next week.