Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tagging.. Heads Up...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

I just noticed the tag in time has changed from 8pm the next day, to 11:00pm the day of harvest. Dang...

Good thing i read the back of my tag while sitting on the crapper.. :smiley_crocodile:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio

I just noticed the tag in time has changed from 8pm the next day, to 11:00pm the day of harvest. Dang...

Good thing i read the back of my tag while sitting on the crapper.. :smiley_crocodile:

You didn't notice that on the Turk tag lol. I haven't gotten my deer tags yet to see if that had changed.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
yea all you have to do is call it in now.....and sit on the phone going through 15 min of questions....rediculous
but....I guess its better than trying to scramble around and take it to the check in stations or trying to find one close to your area thats not closed

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I wasn't talking about turkeys... Or Deer.. But both tagging requirements.. lol

On the back of the green tag, and license, both hunting and fishing, It states as follows...

"Deer and Turkey Tagging Instructions"..

4. Hunters must report their harvest by 11:00pm on the day of kill...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I guess a phone call to the local WO will be necessary then. Don't think they don't check stuff like that. A head's up to them if you are waiting until morning might save you some headaches.