Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tale of Rich and The Llama....

Fletch

Supporting Member
That thread about the zebra reminded me of an unusual encounter I had.... Back in 2000 I went on my first Mid West deer hunt to Missouri... We were hunting with J&S Trophy Hunts... First morning the guide drives me back across this lush green field and tells me to follow the bright eyes to the stand... I watch his tail lights drive off and out of sight... I had to cross this fence and decided to tie my boots better first... So there I am kneeling down tying my boots with my mini mag light in my mouth... All of a sudden a feel something nug me... WTF... So I turn and with my light in my mouth I see these long legs with dark brown shaggy hair.. So with light in mouth I follow them up to see a LLAMA LOOKING DOWN AT ME.... I had an apple in my pocket and gave it to him.... Every morning after that he would be waiting for his apple... When I questioned the guide about it... He said Oh Yeh, I should have told you that the owner of the farm had exotic animals...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Think I would’ve shot my pants if something touched me in the dark thinking I’m the only one there.
There was heavy dew that morning, so I never heard it walking.... Hair definately stood up on my neck... Thing had to be very tame as it would take the apple right out of my hand...Other than the Llama spot sucked, hunted it 3 days and no shooters...