Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TAXIDERMIST

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Because the guy has given me no less than 40 excuses over the last 4 years. He claims the deer is done. Every time we set up a time for picking it up he comes up with some type of excuse why he can't meet up with me. I could write a book on this but don't want to hijack your thread. Congrats on your buck it is an exceptional animal and your taxidermist is a professional.
I’m sorry to hear that brother. I try to shout out the good guys that I have personal experiences with when it comes to stuff like this, and also shout out the bad ones. If you want to share the guys name on this thread to keep people away from the man that took advantage of you, be my guest! I hope you get your deer back though brother, sorry to hear this!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I'm not gonna throw him under the bus but I will say he has done alot of taxidermy work for 2 former members of this site. The former members have not been around in a few years now.

Reactions: Chancegriffis

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Sounds like a local guy I know. Buddy waited that long and when he went to finally get the mount it wasn't even his deer. Ended up getting the rack and deposit back. Funny thing is his own deer get mounted right away. Customer first my ass.
Because the guy has given me no less than 40 excuses over the last 4 years. He claims the deer is done. Every time we set up a time for picking it up he comes up with some type of excuse why he can't meet up with me. I could write a book on this but don't want to hijack your thread. Congrats on your buck it is an exceptional animal and your taxidermist is a professional.

Reactions: Gern186
I'm not gonna throw him under the bus but I will say he has done alot of taxidermy work for 2 former members of this site. The former members have not been around in a few years now.
Sometimes that's what it takes to get the ball rolling and to let the 2 former members know he's been stalling on you. They obviously recommended him to you and others, perhaps if they knew what was going on they could help light a fire under his ass. 4 years is a long long time to still be "patient".

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
They both know the situation. Both of them have given the guy shit about it too. The one guy told me to get the law involved. Not sure how that would work.

whitetailjunky3

Not to change the subject but I think I’m going to try my hand at it this upcoming year. Going to do a doe to start and see how bad I can make her look. Been watching YouTube like crazy at 3am with the baby hell as much as she’s watched she can probably do it. Lol I’ll make a thread so you all can laugh along with me.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Who was the beaver trapper on here that did his own and some friends? I remember he tanned the cape himself and seemed like it was like a week to do or some crazy short time. Some of the best work I have seen on here.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
#1 search result on Google for "Yurco Taxidermy". Old Chance ought to get a discount on his next mount!

Screenshot_20220301-190845_Google.jpg