Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 13 - Lucky 13

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I've got a few "Eating Well" at our place. Target buck is showing somewhat regular at one cam site.
Just got word from my boss that this whole weekend is a go for hunting. Gonna get Real Busy soon as this work day is over! Best of Luck to ALL MY TEAM MATES!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Didn't get out on Saturday as I had to go to my 50th Class reunion and got home at 2:00AM.
Be out this evening.
Good luck to everyone and have a safe season.
Frank

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Nothing TOO exciting. Seen a lone doe, Mama and her twins (doe and b. buck), and a descent buck but only for about 2 seconds. He was cruising and passed thru a hole in the brush. Nice evening though.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Interesting evening. I had 5 turkeys walk past me at 10 yrs, 3 Jakes and 2 long beards Toms.
At 7:30PM a small 6-8 point bucks walking twards me on the otherside of the grassy clearing about 100-120 yrds away. He's rubbing his antlers on a tree limb and 10 yrds in front of him out comes a coyote, no it's the damnest smallest deer I have ever seen this time of year. It's not knee high to me. The small buck is messing around with midget and out walks a 10-12 point shooter and rubs on the same tree branch. The smaller buck starts chasing the little midget and off goes the big buck after them the other way and never seen them again before total dark when I left.
Damndest thing I have ever seen. Good night tho and atleast I know they are there.
Frank

P.S the funny thing is when I get home at 8:10PM the wife is already forming a neighborhood search party for me (my son next door). My son explained to her that dad doesn't come home before dark ever. But she goes it's really dark. I have a 1/2 mile walk out so it takes time. She's OK now as she forgot past years. At least she wasn't waiting till tommorrow.
I gave her a sunrise-sunset chart.

Last edited:

jeremy44230

Medina County
Shot a good for this morning at 8. About a 20 yard shot, she ran about 80 yards.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349116622.723823.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349116650.188598.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349116663.453788.jpg

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good job on breaking the ice for us.
I went out tonight and seen 12 deer. doe & fawn, doe & fawn, 2 does & fawn, 2 does and a small buck with only a left antler.
I was out 3 hrs but only hunted the 1st hr as it started raining rather hard and I made up my mind I wasn't shooting my 1st deer in the rain. Since I was there anyway and dry in a ground blind I stayed till 7:30PM.
I hunt a rather tough spot. Just imagine a 1/2 mile long landing strip of lush grass. One side is heavy brush, the other side is light to heavy bush. A road on one end and a woods on the far end. It has about 10 mowed paths thru the brush so the deer just come out anywhere over 1000 yrds.
Nothing within 75 yrds. Enjoyed myself tho. I will get it narrowed down.
Frank