Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 13 - Passin' Thru

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Made it out and not a bad evening.Saw 4 bucks before dark.3 small and a big old 7 point.Had to wait awhile for them to leave so I could sneak out.This is a pic of the 7. uploadfromtaptalk1386892527210.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
He'd be a good one to shoot towards the end of season Brian,IMO. You have some great looking deer around so I don't blame you waiting either. Great hunt being that it was this close to the close of gun season. Good luck!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks Ric.That's the nice thing about the 2 farms I hunt are that their is very little gun hunting pressure and where the 2 bigger bucks live I only bow hunt it.Yes he would be a nice old buck to take in late season but I will still hold out awhile for one of the others.So far it has been a good season with several chances to shoot some descent bucks.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Made it out yesterday evening and saw 2 small bucks.I am sitting in a blind right now and the rain is really starting to come down.Warm out but you never know, cant shoot one sitting in the house.Good luck if any of you make it out.Man whatever happened to OObuck havnt heard from him since early November.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Nice looking buck.I have not made it out in awhile.Been sick for a week and finally went to doc and got some meds.Hope they work but will probably not get out for another week after I kick this crud.Good luck if you guys make it out.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Man I was out this evening and ended up seeing 6 bucks the only bad thing was I am pretty sure out in the crp field just before dark the split brow buck but minus his left side, he stood up and hung around the smaller buck and am pretty sure it was him as I watched through my bino's and the right side was huge and looked like 5 points.Nice to know he is still around but sad to see he shed one side already. I will be changing my plans now and hunting the other spot and try and take out the old 7 point with kickers. Will try to get out several evenings until season ends as I will also be busy with my coyote snaring.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Havn't been out much lately as I have been working on taking the yotes off our farms but am going to give it one last shot tomorrow afternoon and then work on the yotes till the end of February and then shed hunting time and taking stands down and getting the mineral started all over again.Good luck if any of you make it out this last weekend of season.