Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 13 - Team Thunder Chicken Express

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm all in and I'm in it to win it!!!

With some luck, we'll get a Buddy Bonus when JB comes down to visit opening weekend. I'll be checking cams this weekend in hopes of finding out what I'll have to chase this year. For sure, I'll be off next Monday morning to kick things off!!!

steveOh

Dayton Area
Checking in from Greene Co. I'll be hunting Adams & Jackson counties...Thanks for the heads up Hoytmania..Good Luck too you both...I'll be good with whatever team name you both decide...

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Taking Austin out Saturday and possibly Sunday if the previous morning isn't productive. Got Tuesday morning scheduled off work also for a hunt.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
He's in the same spot tonight and he's within 100-150 yards of the point I called last years bird off of. If he's there Sunday night, Monday could be awesome!!!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Not sure how tomorrow is going to go. Hunting a property I have never been on before. I don't doubt that there are turkeys there it is just that we are going in blind. Oh well if nothing else be spending some time in the blind with Austin and getting us some youth points.

Huckleberry Finn

Not sure how tomorrow is going to go. Hunting a property I have never been on before. I don't doubt that there are turkeys there it is just that we are going in blind. Oh well if nothing else be spending some time in the blind with Austin and getting us some youth points.

Good luck brother, hope you're packing the hand grenades!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Meeting up with beener tomorrow morning for a hunt at the ridge. He wanted to shoot some video this year so I figures it would be cool to.spend a.morning together.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well other than spending some time in the woods with a fellow TOOzer it wasn't a good morning. Only heard a few gobbles way off in the distance in the early morning. Should have been out this morning. Oh well will have to wait till Saturday to see if we can kill anything.

steveOh

Dayton Area
Hunted down in Jackson Co Sat. and Sun. Sat, about 7:00, I saw one turkey about 100 yards or more away down the ridge. I couldn't tell if it was a Tom or a hen it was too dark and grey out. It stood still looking my way for about 4 or 5 minutes before walking out of sight! Only heard a few way off gobbles all morning. Partner only heard one gobble way off.

Sunday my partner had a gobbler going off at daybreak just over the ridge from him for about an hour and a half. My partner was set up in his blind on the ridge top and had his decoys out. The gobbler would answer his calls but would not come over the ridge. You could tell by listening to his gobbling that he was just strutting back in forth on a bench just below the ridge. All he had to do was to walk up the ridge 60-70 yards and he would see the decoys. He didn't!

About 7:45 he went off to the north, towards me, while staying on the other side of the ridge. Around 8:00 he gobbled just above me. I gave a few soft clucks and purrs but he didn't answer. Ten minutes later I heard him again but he was down the ridge top about 150 yards and headed to another property.

All I could figure was that he had hens with him. We held our ground until noon hoping that he would come back. He was a no show...

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Sounds like you had a great hunt. Heading out tomorrow morning. I was at the same spot both mornings last weekend and watched a tom fly down both mornings. It is only a matter of time till this dude screws up and gets in range.