Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 13

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Brock that was great to see Garrett get his first deer, too nice of ya! Sorry to hear it on Mason, can only imagine the size given his standards :).

Lol Rick, got an arrow with a field point in the quivering? If not, sounds like a good way to get some action.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Nothing for me over the last 3 days. the bent brow buck was on his feet before dark but no shots. Seen a lot of does. Deer were moving all 3 days morning and evening. Wish I could have stayed longer. The east winds kept us from being where we needed to be.
Brock congrats on getting the kids on deer.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Nothing for me over the last 3 days. the bent brow buck was on his feet before dark but no shots. Seen a lot of does. Deer were moving all 3 days morning and evening. Wish I could have stayed longer. The east winds kept us from being where we needed to be.
Brock congrats on getting the kids on deer.

Welcome back. Sounds like an enjoyable trip mb, even though ya couldn't capitalize.

I'm looking forward to getting out Friday after work, just hope the wind doesn't get too bad. Felt nice and deerie tonight with those clouds!

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Welcome back. Sounds like an enjoyable trip mb, even though ya couldn't capitalize.

I'm looking forward to getting out Friday after work, just hope the wind doesn't get too bad. Felt nice and deerie tonight with those clouds!

It was a good trip till I had to leave. Thanks. Looks like some good hunting weather this week. Good luck guys.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Anyone been out? I don't like waiting out October to hunt the rut but its what work for me. The weather don't look the best this weekend anyway. Good luck guys.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I didn't make it out last weekend at all, whole house went down the the sinus/head & chest cold nonsense. Looking forward to more seat time Friday evening & Saturday morning.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good luck, Adam! This should be a good weekend. I am 100% certain there will be a dandy or two traveling past our stands as I think we will be in Athens for the great squirrel shoot. We are going to try heading down early Saturday morning, may spend the night. Baseball game at 5 on Sunday, so our evening sit is a no go.

BTW, Mason has decided he no longer wants to shoot that big 10, now that we've found the two "big ones". I, however, am not so foolish. I get a crack at that old boy and he's going home with me!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I have to give Mason credit. Setting goals and following his thoughts at his age is surely a good sign. I would like nothing better than to see him cash in on passing the shot while tag less in the past.

Definitely good luck to you Adam. Hope your sit is well spent.

Last edited:

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Been in the field alot and haven't been on the the site due to lack time. I haven't hunted much since I shot my buck I have took the kids a couple times. And nothing but coon and squirrels. I'm hoping it picks up a little before the kids lose interest. We should finish up corn this week and then I plan on getting back at it. I hope you guys are seeing more deer then I have. We shelled 150 acres of corn the last two days and and all I've seen is one little basket rack and a coyote. I knew our numbers are low but now I'm just wondering how low. Keep the blades sharp and shoot small guys good luck.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
PICT0001.jpg
Had this one at 30 tonight but a few small branches in the way. Just shot 4 arrows at 30 before I left too......Fugger WOULD NOT hit the opening or it was over. Him and his buddy was chasing does around.
Damn Spypoint works when it wants too and changes the date on a regular basis. 4 hrs of work tomorrow and 2 weeks off!

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
You'll get him, Rick! Must be nice to have those two weeks off to look forward to! Enjoy yourself, kill a monster!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Have Joy in the shooters chair tonight. Got a pic of a nice one going by her blind this morning. He comes through this pinch point tonight....it's gonna get exciting.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
One small 3 point came in. Figures it would be a buck that didn't have any friends. Seen another one chasing about 100+ yards. Got a good feeling about this early rut they are talking about.