Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 15

Schu72

Streetsboro
I'll be out a few times over the weekend. Had my son out for youth season but it was really slow. Worst youth season we've had in years. Really dissappointed, but he took it really well. I'll post something up for the points in the scoring thread at some point.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I still need to make it up there! I remember all the measurements I need, but I would much rather have the pics. Hope I can figure something out!

Huckleberry Finn

Hunted all day, except for a lunch break.

Around 930, I had a buck come behind me and bed down. I saw him thrash a sapling before doing so, but I didn't get a good look at him. He was just behind a tree with some in between us and I wasn't able to make out if he was a shooter or not, kind of borderline for what the landowner wants. After 2 hours of us facing off at 50 yards, I said, fugg it, if he has brows, I'm shooting. Grunted him up and he didn't, so he got a pass.

10 minutes into my afternoon sit on a different property, I had a quality 40 inch forkhorn come through the property. It's Amish paradise and I'd like some meat at this point (with does 23% down, I'd rather shoot anything with antlers). He looked real tender, but I jumped the gun and rushed the shot. Clean miss.

Hopefully get out Saturday.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I did a shitload of pushing for my buddies this week. A few guys took some Does for the freezer, and 1 guy took a nice 9 point. Naturally since I was tagged out and dogging it, I had the best chances at some wallhangers that just stood up and stared at me before outsmarting everyone. I think I may head to wood county and hunt the muzzy season

Schu72

Streetsboro
Sorry fellas...I was really snakebit this year. We did some group bouw hunts in Geauga on Saturday and not a single deer was spotted out of about 15 bow hunters.