Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 16.

lung buster

hocking county
Not really much to report. Hunted alot while i was on vacation, mainly taking my son. I did get in 3 sits on my own and was skunked every time. My son had a chance at a small buck but choose to pass. He almost got off a shot at a doe too but it never happened. I did a camera check the other day and had 7 different bucks which 5 are shooters for my boy. Two of them caught my eye. Will not be hunting again until mon pm.

lung buster

hocking county
Rattled in a 8 pointer who is #4 on my "list" weds am. Had him dead at 10 yds and he didn't even know it. Let him walk. Went this am and jumped some walking in. Will have my boy out at daylight!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Way to go on the Doe Bgarrett. I still need to post mine and a youth bonus.

lung buster

hocking county
Still don't know anything. Sat for 5 hrs this morning and only seen 1 deer pop over the ridge. Couldn't even tell what it was. Gonna try again tomorrow if i can drag myself outta bed.

lung buster

hocking county
Seen zero this am. Im gonna take tomorrow off. I have hunted every day since last weds and only getting 4-5 hrs sleep to do so. Kind of getting bummed and burnt out. Will be back at thurs am and then im off for 4 days but will be spending that time taking my son.

lung buster

hocking county
Had a 5 hr sit this am. Only seen a 2.5 yr old that had three on one side and 2 on the other and was missing both brows. He wasn't acting "rutty", just eating acorns and milling around. Plan to give it another go in the am and then im looking forward to getting my boy out in the evening. Pulled the card at his blind and had a shooter there at 4:15 two nights ago. Hopefully he shows back up this weekend and Drew can get a trick in him!

LonewolfNopack

The woods
I got a buck and a doe. Will enter buck pics soon. Sorry no pics that would qualify the doe. Didn't get a pic of my tag. I hate that I forgot to get a tag pic, but too late now. Good luck, hunt right.

BGarrett

Belpre
I went out yesterday, the 12th, early morning hoping that before the cold front and rain the deer would be moving. In the stand for 20 minutes, sun came up and a doe came running in. 5 minutes later a wide 6 came following. I shot him and he bolted. The damn doe wouldn't leave me. She bedded down 15 yards beside me and hung out for the next 45 minutes. I can't speak any higher of the Scent Smoker. Waited another hour and went and got my help to track him. Tracked him for to a thicket and the blood stopped. I am still upset we couldn't find him. My mother in law's boyfriend said he would go back out and try to find him. It's eating at me to know he's out there. He was my first buck I've had in range. I got back to my in-laws house only to find that my mother in law had moved my truck and ran over my scent smoker SMH. Not the best day for me. :smiley_confused_vra

lung buster

hocking county
Dang bgarrett. Stick with it man. Not really much to report for me. Ive spent all available time with my boy and now that he's got his buck i may get out a little more. My daughter wants to go now,lol. Ive only hunted mornings this yr by myself and taking Drew every evening that i could. The kids have a bday party fri evening to attend so i will get my first evening sit. Weekend will be spent with the kids. Im off mon-weds so ill be out then too.

BGarrett

Belpre
Made it out today. Could have shot a doe while walking to the stand. I had people surrounding me shooting guns all damn day. No movement, not even squirrels or birds. I have to work all week but should be able to get out Sunday.

lung buster

hocking county
Saw 5 antlerless this am. Had a doe and two young ones come by at 20 yds and later on another doe and a bb at 10 yds. Probably should of killed one but was holding out for a rack. This week is so screwed up i dont know if i will pack a gun or not anymore.

tritonbill

NE Ohio
Hi Guys, I got another doe this morning! Been a slow year for me, just one with my bow and then one today. I was very happy to get the opportunity today though and put some meat in the freezer! I'll post mine up on the scoring thread at some point.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Fellas,

Seeing as we are no where close to being in the running for any of the top places. I doubt I will go through the troubles of uploading my deer photos. Hope everyone had a good season.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Fellas,

Seeing as we are no where close to being in the running for any of the top places. I doubt I will go through the troubles of uploading my deer photos. Hope everyone had a good season.

Nah.. Upload them so we can include them in the season end harvest video. It's always nice to make the vid.

lung buster

hocking county
It's hard to believe that the season is over! I wish i could of helped with some more points. This is the first time in over 20 years that i never filled a tag. I knew that i was going to dedicate all my available time to my son and i wouldn't change that for nothing. He had a great season! I did manage 17 hunts on my own and could of killed some but it was never the right one. I expect more seasons to come going deer less as i have a daughter that is waiting patiently for her turn and i can't wait! The night that my boy shot his bb he told me, "dad, you could have shot him, you haven't got one yet". That made my season and proved that he "gets it". I responded with, I've shot enough deer over the years and now it's your turn! I'm looking forward to many more years going deer less as long as I'm able to spend time with my kids in the woods!