Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 18 (youth team)

lung buster

hocking county
This past weekend was absolutely brutal for taking young kids out. My 6 yr old daughter hunted 2.5 hr sat am and another 2.5 hrs sat pm. We seen nothing and the wind was horrible. We were in a blind with a heater and I was extremely proud of how she handled herself!

Sun am Andrew got to go and we bumped one walking in. We ended up seeing 4 with 2 of them being at 25 yds or so but he never got a shot. Sun pm my daughter was back on the gun and she seen nothing. We did bump some leaving.

Looking forward to getting both kids out next week and I'm hoping that my daughter will get a shot!

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
ZJ was out in it Sunday evening. No blind, just on the ground in a ghilli for about 2 hours.

A big doe did come in at 20 yards, but for whatever reason, my son could not get ZJ's attention in time for him to shoot. By the time ZJ snapped to attention, they decided not to risk the shot.

I have to give him credit for hunting in that weather though.

lung buster

hocking county
Gonna take Andrew out for a bit before school in the am. Hoping he can punch his last tag and I can spend the rest of the week taking my daughter. Gonna have one or both kids out every pm this week. Good luck and be safe!

lung buster

hocking county
Andrew's crossbow had a limb crack before gun season and since it's a Horton I had no luck finding a set of limbs. Good old Santa brought him a new bow for Christmas and he is ready to break in his new Parker. We plan to hit it next week again while the kids are still out of school.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Andrew's crossbow had a limb crack before gun season and since it's a Horton I had no luck finding a set of limbs. Good old Santa brought him a new bow for Christmas and he is ready to break in his new Parker. We plan to hit it next week again while the kids are still out of school.

Shoot xbowrick a pm he might be able too hook you up on the location of some limbs....

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hey guys, don't forget to post up your son's buck harvest from this year. We had two boys on this team kill bucks and I didn't see them on the harvest thread and right now, according to the standings, this team only has 5 points (not including Kody's doe from the other night). Those two bucks would move them up the standing pretty good and might overtake the Team 16 youth team.

I know Lung Buster and Big Holla's boys got a buck. Post it up! Be proud! Lol

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
ZJ went out this morning for his last hunt of the season. Threw some apples down and 10 minutes later a big doe appeared. Unfortunately, ZJ missed her.

That's 4 misses this year and we will be looking to modify the set-up before next season. He still had a fun year and hunted in some absolute crap weather, so I'm really proud of him.

Good job, everyone!

lung buster

hocking county
Took Andrew out one last time this evening and we seen nothing. We sure had a great season and made life long memories. Congrats again to all that had success. Bring on the turks!!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I tried to talk Garrett into it this evening but his heart wasn't there. In all fairness, he was out plowing with me all day then had soccer this afternoon. Claims he was still cold from shoveling sidewalks? I need to toughen this boy up. lmao