Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 18 (youth team)

lung buster

hocking county
Andrew had a doe slip by just after daylight at about 25yds. No shot! Then we had a 4 point hang around for 20 min or so. It was at 10 yds for a bit and drews trigger finger was itching but I talked him out of scratching it, lol. Way too early to shoot him. Gonna try again tonight after his football game!

lung buster

hocking county
Andrew got a shot at his "target" buck Sunday eve. He came out at 20 yds broadside and Andrew did something that he's not used to. He missed. He was pretty bummed and I felt bad for him. It would have been nice for him to of punched his buck tag so early but then again my favorite hunting buddy would of probably slacked off, lol. Its a long season and I told him that he may get a chance at an even bigger one! It was his first hunt out of a stand.

lung buster

hocking county
Hunted the same stand Mon pm and had some dogs screw up our evening. Planned on hunting this weekend but may wait until next week due to work and football.

Allen got after them this weekend but we couldn't pull it off. Did a recap story in the bowhunting section.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
We finally got everything we needed and ZJ got his first hunt in tonight. Poor guy has been asking to hunt since June and asks several times daily since season opened.

My other son, Eric, took him out and even though they got skunked, ZJ came back happy as all get out and can't wait until next weekend so they can go again.

In about 2 weeks, Eric won't be working for a bit, so both of them are looking forward to hunting several times a week.

lung buster

hocking county
Andrew got his 6th deer last evening. He shot her at 25 yds. It has been a tough start for him this season. He missed his target the first weekend and then got another chance and stuck him the Fri before muuzy season. We never found him. But like the trooper that he has always been he keeps right after them. I'm very proud of his efforts, not only in the woods but in everything he does!

lung buster

hocking county
Andrew's update:
Sat am we had a 4 point come by.
Sun am we didn't hunt because we stayed up watching the buckeyes, very bad choice!
Sun pm Andrew killed a coyote, his 1st. A buck came in right after that and seen/smelled the yote and came unglued! Pulled the camera on the way out and about puked when we seen the pics. Our number 1 & 2 bucks standing in front of blind at 9:30 that morning. DANG!!!
Mon pm we hunted same blind and had #2 at less than 10yds but he never got a shot. He came in on our right side and Drew was set up to shoot out the front. Double DANG!!
Andrew is done until this weekend due to me working 2nd shift....

lung buster

hocking county
One good thing is we got picks of the buck he hit and he is alive and well and moving during daylight hours. He hit him high and looks like he just gave him a shave. I didn't think that it was a fatal hit but we still looked for several hrs.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'll be happy if I could get Shelby to draw a fuggin deer! With crayons even!!! I'll keep asking her but dang! Hope Karissa kills something to light the fire.

lung buster

hocking county
Another Andrew update:
Sat 11-2 am only seen a 4 point
Sun 11-3 am skunked
Last night we hit his favorite blind. There was a small buck in the plot when we got there. Towards the end we had a doe pop in and she was dead and didn't even know it. I told Drew to hold off as she kept looking behind her. Sure enough we heard a deer coming but we finally ran out of light. We had to bust them out of there or we would still be sitting there.
Back at it tonight.

lung buster

hocking county
Good luck to all youth that will be hunting this weekend! The weather is going to be horrible for kids but I plan to have both of mine out some. My daughter is looking for her 1st and Andrew will be looking to fill his last tag.