Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 2

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm fired up for turk season, boys! I have a few properties I'll be hunting this season, all with decent prospects running around. I'll be heading down to Washington County the first weekend to hunt with Jesse, so we could have some bonus points coming. Also, I was asked by a first-time turk hunter to help him out this season.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Sounds good JB. I have one property that is looking real good right now, and two back ups that are hit n miss. I do have one new hunter that I may also be taking out. I am going to work on getting my daughter out but she is still gun shy with a shotgun.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Went to one of my spots here in medina county this morning to listen. Didn't hear or see any turkeys, unfortunately. I hope it was only because of the crummy weather and not because the birds are gone. Gonna give it another try tomorrow morning... If it's quiet again I may just make the drive to carroll county monday morning.

JOHNROHIO

I'm slacking but I did not want to get out in the rain this morning. Now that it has stopped I'm going to go try and spy some in my fields .

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm slacking but I did not want to get out in the rain this morning. Now that it has stopped I'm going to go try and spy some in my fields .

Oh don't worry, man... When I woke up at 5:30 and heard the rain coming down, it was REALLY tough to get my butt out of bed. So I know exactly where you're coming from.

JOHNROHIO

Made it out there, nothing they must have been thinking the same thing. Normally if I can't find them in my field there in the one on the other side of the woods, not there. Anyway do we need a team name if so I'm good with any.. JBrown and the drumsticks ....lol

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Made it out there, nothing they must have been thinking the same thing. Normally if I can't find them in my field there in the one on the other side of the woods, not there. Anyway do we need a team name if so I'm good with any.. JBrown and the drumsticks ....lol

Lol... Now that's funny right there.

How about the Nimrod Drumsticks? lol I just learned yesterday that nimrod actually means 'great hunter.' I had always thought it was a word for someone who was somewhat of a moron.

JOHNROHIO

Made it out late this morning, with the wife in tow we cant get out till levi gets on the bus at 0830. Made it out last night got a blind up for her to stay out of the wind, rolling in this morning the turks were already in front of the blind...:smiley_depressive:. Anyhow change of plans, we went the long way around hunkerd into a tree line with gretchen in front and me in the back calling. She was ready with the gun up and the birds about 50 yards out, had one jake comming got about 40 yards and just decided that he did not like whatever it was and got out of there. we could not get the dekes out so im sure that was part of it and 40 is too far for her 20. Oh well same game plan in the morning.

JOHNROHIO

Got two more worked in this morning just as the wife was ready to quit. Once again swing and a miss, I could not get them to commit. I think that they were intimidated by the deke. Took the first couple hours off work tomorrow, try again going to take a smaller Jake decoy out. Sooner I can get her on one the sooner I can get to it the way I want. I'm still new to this so we will see.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang... oh so close again man! Maybe next time...

I took a few hours off tomorrow morning so I'm going to give it a try. I'm taking a fullstrut deke and a hen deke... I really hope they don't hang up and shy away from the strutter. We'll see. Good luck out there tomorrow!

JOHNROHIO

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335369869.911229.jpgGot it done this morning Jim. I posted story in the harvest thread. But here's the pic.

JOHNROHIO

Now off to work, and hopefully I can get out and get some points later this week.