Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team #4

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
So, you noticed! He eats, drinks and sleeps hunting big bucks! Pretty good at it TOO.. He said that it was a blast at Strouds Run. Wished that I could have made it myself. We will have to get together and have a beer or drag a biggun out of the woods sometime. Looking forward to meeting you. Good luck this season.

steveOh

Dayton Area
I hope to get down to Jackson to hunt early next week. With the drop in temps, together with the last week in Oct., I hope it triggers the boys to go-a-chasing!

steveOh

Dayton Area
Action in Jackson:

Around 11:30 Friday morning two yearlings came walking out of the timber to my left and walk right down saddle. As they made their way along the ridge closer to me they would occasionally look back behind them. Soon another antlerless deer appeared and it too would look behind every now and then. The two yearlings stopped at 22 yards and fed on some acorns while the third deer walked directly under my stand.

Just then another deer entered the saddle. It too was walking slowly along the ridge top. As it cleared some trees I noticed this one was carrying some head gear. It was an eight pointer and he was easing his way towards the two yearlings. As he came closer I began to size him up. His rack was just about as wide as his ears with about 5 inch tines. His body was not one of a mature deer but it wasn’t small either. He soon stopped slightly quartering away about 12 yards from my stand. None of the 4 deer had a clue that I was there. It was the perfect scenario, one that deer hunters dream about, but I just couldn’t do it! I let him walk!!!

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I know nate doesnt post on here a bunch, but he scored on a young 8 point last Saturday. It's at the butcher and when he comes down next weekend I believe he's gonna bring it so we can score it and enter it for you

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Well it's been awhile since I've checked in. I have had this week off and it's had some pretty good action. Haven't shot anything yet, although I had ample opportunities. Passed on a 4.5 year old 8 pt. I rattled him in at 10 yards. Passed on a descent 7 pt as well. He had 9" g2's. Both bucks were well within range but just not what I wanted. However, I had a dandy 9 pt. in at 50yards and he buggared on me. It wasn't my wind but in fact it was my movement. The bright sunlight didn't help matters either. My stand is 25' in the air but it's in a Walnut tree that moves terribly when you shift your weight. I have had a great time this week and still have my weekends and gun season.

steveOh

Dayton Area
Missed a tall-tine buck Friday morning. Arrow ticked a limb and flew over his back:tantrum: Not much going on for two days of prime rut hunting.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Yeah, no what you mean! My last two days of vacation weren't very active. Saw some bucks, but few and far between. Some lock down was surely going on. Iam still optimistic though. Wished I could have the whole month off. Lol.

fishwendel2

Shot a big bodied 7 pointer and my son a nice little 5 pointer for his first deer. Have pics just need to post scoring details hopefully tonight. Lots of bucks moving last part of the week. Saw 3 that scored over 170, brother and laws on Sat was 154. After 10am on Sat...nothing. Warm weather?

fishwendel2

Have a lot of spots to hunt but have limited time. New 90 acre woods in Logan county with lots of bucks, turkey hunted there a couple years ago. If there are 30 mph winds there are none in this woods as its thick and a huge ravine in it. Basically watched some 2 year old bucks walk by and my buck was a perfect quartering away shot at 15 yds. Ran 30 yards and dropped right off the trail. Son shot his buck on the edge of cut beans and thick cover. Right at sunset an 8 and this 5 were together last Saturday. Kinda surprised to see them not seperated. Second time deer hunting dbl lunged him and ran maybe 20 yards. Perfect shot!

steveOh

Dayton Area
Have a lot of spots to hunt but have limited time. New 90 acre woods in Logan county with lots of bucks, turkey hunted there a couple years ago. If there are 30 mph winds there are none in this woods as its thick and a huge ravine in it. Basically watched some 2 year old bucks walk by and my buck was a perfect quartering away shot at 15 yds. Ran 30 yards and dropped right off the trail. Son shot his buck on the edge of cut beans and thick cover. Right at sunset an 8 and this 5 were together last Saturday. Kinda surprised to see them not seperated. Second time deer hunting dbl lunged him and ran maybe 20 yards. Perfect shot!

I am just the opposite...lot of time, limited spots:smiley_depressive:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congrats to Ron(full bore)this morning for laying a real stud low. Well earned and deserved bro! Awesome buck! Congrats

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Yeah, thanks to my brother, he's been helping me through this posting thing. Lol. I am new to the site and he's helping me big time. On the 13 th of November, I went on a gut feeling and extended my vacation as Brock fore- mentioned how good it would be. So I sat in my favorite stand on our own property. My intentions was to sit all day. From 6:30 till 4:30, that's wheny buck came in trailing a doe. Check out finallysheddeds post " I know something ". Ric started it on the 14 th. I will post my story of the hunt and some more pics this coming weekend. In short, he was #1 on my hit list. 13 scorable points, and I believe he is at least 5.5.years old. Stay tuned. I am on the board, finally! Lol.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Sorry for being mia guys, like red stated, I shot a small 8 and just tagged a BB today. Ill try amd get pics up soon. Been very busy.. Good luck guys