Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team #9 Beard Busters

Diablo54

Outside
Taylor, you still qualifying for the youth hunt?

Yep. Im 16 so i get an early start. I am doing some listening tommorow morning in a dpot where we have had consistent success in the past. So if kody kills a bird and u kill a bird do they both count?

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I posted that very question on the main rules thread. Not sure. It might be the biggest bird out of me and him. However, if he lands a good one it could really pay off. We get 10 points just for taking a youth out for his first turkey hunt.
I'm nit much of a turkey hunter, but my dad is obsessed with it so kody is in good hands. Plus, my dad has a copy of all the rules so hes up to speed on the photos needed.
I won't even be with him Saturday because I have a DH and don't wanna get tied up in the woods. I'll be with him Sunday though.

Diablo54

Outside
Sweet goddluck to him! Im about to try to wake up the little brother to see if he wants to go listen. This might not go over well.

deerburger

*Supporting Member*
Hey fellas. I'm cool with whatever name. I even like Waddlers. Oh, or the Feather Dusters (nevermind, sounds gay), or Gobble Hobblers, or the Feared Beards.

Florida season opened to weeks ago, so I've been out twice. With 1hornwilly both times. Saw no Toms the first trip, and put our friend on a really nice one the second time out. I figure I should wait to take mine to OH season opens anyhow. Not to say I wouldn't have shot one if he showed up after my friend to hers. It was her first turkey, actually her first hunt, ever. She might think it is easier than it is now. Haha.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Alright, first of all... Let's go with Beard Busters for our name. Sound like a wiener?

Diablo, you and my boy need to cash in this weekend so we can take the early advantage and put pressure on the elderly folks here. Lol
This damn weather is for the birds!

Diablo54

Outside
Alright, first of all... Let's go with Beard Busters for our name. Sound like a wiener?

Diablo, you and my boy need to cash in this weekend so we can take the early advantage and put pressure on the elderly folks here. Lol
This damn weather is for the birds!

Beard busters is fine with me. Hopefully tommorow will be the day. As long as they gobble ill have a pretty good chance.

deerburger

*Supporting Member*
Beard Busters is great. My brother and I will be out Monday morning. The weather is cooperating a little better down here. Florida gets good spring weather and deer the size of dogs. That's the trade off.