Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team #9 Beard Busters

deerburger

*Supporting Member*
Josh and I have got to get out there one more time before Sunday. Florida season ends then and all I've produced for us is a bonus bird. We're gonna try to get in an evening hunt on Saturday. Work keeps getting in the way...

deerburger

*Supporting Member*
Man...just found out I'm done for the season. Ends Sunday and the only land we've got permission to hunt is going to in use by another one of the landowner's friends. Looks like I go beardless this year.

epe

Lancaster
Man...just found out I'm done for the season. Ends Sunday and the only land we've got permission to hunt is going to in use by another one of the landowner's friends. Looks like I go beardless this year.
That sucks, no public land?

sent from my HTC evo

Diablo54

Outside
Wednesday night moundhill and i snuck up the hill at one of my spots and what do ya know theres two gobblers in full strutt. We videod them for a little while and then snuck out. I went to turn around and got my truck stuck. (but thats another story). So yesterday morning my dad and i slipped through the field and got behind where the birds had roosted. They didnt gobble until we
Called and they never commited. They walked down the fence line away from us and through the field. This morning we are going to stay on the other side of the field with a decoy and see what happens.

Goodluck Cotty and family.

deerburger

*Supporting Member*
Good luck Cotty and Diablo! I'm rooting for you...

That sucks, no public land?

With where we're at in Florida, it's a 45 minute drive to the private land we've got permission for. Starts getting in the 2 hour drive range when it comes to public land. With work, it's not in the cards this year.

Diablo54

Outside
I was walking up the holler this morning when i heard a gobble that wasnt 100 yards away. So i hurried up and set up. I waited and there were 4 gobblers where i had heard the first one gobble. They gobbled at every noise that they heard. So they all flew down and i started calling. A bird from my far left started responding to me and the gobblers were strutting around 100 yards infront of me. They ended up going to my right. So i circled them and started calling again and i finnaly got a reaponse. 5 min later there heads popped over the hill at 14 yards (i stepped it off). I couldnt move and i was positioned to far to the left. They went back up the hill so i snuck up the hill and as soon as i picked my head up they were at 40 yards. I pulled up my gun and they saw me. They were just started to walk away when i shot and missed! Good hunt but a bad ending. Lol

Thats how it goes i guess. Im headed back out with moundhill.

Diablo54

Outside
My scouting buddy yesterday..

deerburger

*Supporting Member*
Haha! You're a good brother. Both for taking him out scouting, and bonus points for carrying him...