Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 9

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
I never saw a single deer yesterday and trimmed A LOT of shooting lanes and timber on my property yesterday during the rain only to have 3 does come out at 5:30pm and hang out all evening like I didn't disturb anything. Hell one came up and stuck her nose in the camera just to snub me! Going to hang 3 cameras and two bait sites and lay low for the muzzy weekend and wait for the moon to drop some.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Screw it. Never mind what I said about not hunting the blind for a few days. I am a like a junkie and will be out in the morning. That will be a 48 hour break and that's the best I can do right now!

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
I never saw a single deer yesterday and trimmed A LOT of shooting lanes and timber on my property yesterday during the rain only to have 3 does come out at 5:30pm and hang out all evening like I didn't disturb anything. Hell one came up and stuck her nose in the camera just to snub me! Going to hang 3 cameras and two bait sites and lay low for the muzzy weekend and wait for the moon to drop some.

I hate it when they do that.. its they are either there right before or right after you are..

Screw it. Never mind what I said about not hunting the blind for a few days. I am a like a junkie and will be out in the morning. That will be a 48 hour break and that's the best I can do right now!

LMAO I know the feeling. I wish I had $5 for every time I said I QUIT!! Haha 2-3 days later im back in the stand..

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Hunted a observation stand tonight and only saw 2 small bucks. Think I know where my big guy has moved to so I'm diving in Sunday late morning to hang a cell phone cam, then staying out til I get him patterned during daylight.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Trying again at the blind in the morning. Threw out a bunch of apples this morning and it is DARK out here tonight so hopefully they will be moving around a little in the morning. I only have till about 8am so it will be a quick hunt.

Hung a stand last Tuesday right before a heavy rain and have not been back to it since. I have pretty high hopes for that stand so as soon as I have time and a good wind I'm going in there and will check the cam on my way out.

Did not see many trucks parked this weekend for muzzy and heard very few shots. Stayed out of the woods completely myself this weekend other than dumping 20 pounds of apples.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Went out to check a cam during the thunderstorm yesterday in hopes of not leaving much scent. Had a pretty good report off it only being out a week. I got several real good deer and two 4yr old deer on it. Wish the big 10 would start showing during daylight so I could go in and kill him! Going to hang a cell camera down there this weekend so I can lay low and stay out until the time is right. Wish the one 4 yr old was symmetrical and didn't have a lopsided rack on his right side too, prob gives him a pass for the year.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Anybody been hunting? I was down to a couple sits a week there for awhile and it seemed pretty dead. Starting to see corn getting cut down now and lots of IKS threads popping up so I'm getting motivated again. I bought a new stand that I want to hang but haven't been out to do it yet and not sure exactly where I want to put it. One tag left for Knox County and then I am done for the year.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Hunted all weekend. Only saw one shooter. He had a doe in the middle of a corn field and was trying to keep the younger deer from running her off. Sunday I tried a little rattling and brought in 5 young bucks throughout the morning. nothing over 2.5 yrs. They did put on a good show for me though. They did some sparring, made some scrapes and tore some trees up. Next weekend should be even better with the cooler temps. Good luck out there

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Hunted all weekend. Only saw one shooter. He had a doe in the middle of a corn field and was trying to keep the younger deer from running her off. Sunday I tried a little rattling and brought in 5 young bucks throughout the morning. nothing over 2.5 yrs. They did put on a good show for me though. They did some sparring, made some scrapes and tore some trees up. Next weekend should be even better with the cooler temps. Good luck out there

It's funny. Looking at your avatar, that buck was with that doe about 100 yards behind you in that pic. The next avatar may be the same setting, but a bigger, nastier buck.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Took a tender doe for the freezer over the weekend. Because of the cold snap; a lot of the properties I hunt had the farmers taking wood out of their sections. Hopefully by this weekend there will be more bucks back searching.

Big H

Medina
I got us some youth bonus points guys. My youngest daughter also got her first deer yesterday!! :pickle: I will post the story when I have time.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Close to sealing the deal on a very big 8pt Saturday. Executed a stalk to damn near perfection, just never go the chance to release an arrow. I will be joining the orange army on Monday and Tuesday of gun week. If I cant get it done those two days, ill be back out on the weekend. Good luck to all

Congrats Big H! That's awesome

Big H

Medina
Thanks, I will also be hunting next week. I have passed up a couple decent bucks this year, just haven't had one that excited me yet.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Close to sealing the deal on a very big 8pt Saturday. Executed a stalk to damn near perfection, just never go the chance to release an arrow. I will be joining the orange army on Monday and Tuesday of gun week. If I cant get it done those two days, ill be back out on the weekend. Good luck to all

Congrats Big H! That's awesome

That may have been the largest main frame 8 point I ever seen. I watched this whole thing go down. I actually dropped Nate off along the road so he could crawl through a culvert to get on that buck. I watched from the next road over. While watching, I seen no fewer than 5 shooter bucks, all between 125" and 140" cross over to that hot doe only to be scared off by the big boy. I also seen several 1.5 to 2.5 year old bucks also in the area. Nate came within 25 yards of that buck but couldn't quite get a clear shot on him before they moved off. It was pretty sweet just to watch. They are all still in the area. Maybe Monday

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
After going through some trail cam pictures I have identified the "big 8" that I performed that stalk on. This deer was only on camera a handful of times and never caught during daylight hours. This picture was taken about a 1/2 mi to where I stalked up on him with the hot doe. TOO be continued....... PRMS0186.jpg

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I actually did see him one evening at dusk in August with a couple other buddy's right across the creek from this trail cam. I remember his left side being a little weaker than his right. We may just get a crack at him Monday