Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ten point scopes

Smawgunner

Athens
This is my first crossbow, but I cannot get used to this scope. It’s on their wicked ridge invader, 3x scope. I feel like I’m looking through a straw...the field of vision is so narrow. It retails for 150 bucks! Is it me?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
That is a pretty descent scope. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with focus or placement on the bow itself. Too close to a scope is not good~~same as too far away.

I've known guys to leave both eyes open to get a bigger view until ready to pull the trigger.

Gordo

Athens County
That is a pretty descent scope. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with focus or placement on the bow itself. Too close to a scope is not good~~same as too far away.

I've known guys to leave both eyes open to get a bigger view until ready to pull the trigger.

I think he's onto something. I'd check distance and find what's combfortable

Wmiller07

It's called eye relief. If you are too close or too far away the field of view will shrink. You will have to move the scope either toward or away from your eye and unfortunately re-zero your crossbow

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sounds like Rick hit it with the eye relief....
You’ll have to loosen the scope and move back forth to better proper distance from eye to scope to see if that’s the issue, if doing that and nothing changes it would be time to call/email ten point customer service...

Smawgunner

Athens
I’m familiar with scopes and relief. It’s set perfectly, I just can’t get used to using a scope at only 25 yards. I’d rather have iron sights I think. It takes me a bit to find my target and think an optic with a wider field of view would be better. This scope had an adjustment for focus, and a similar ring that doesn’t do anything. It spins freely and tightens up against the mount. Does nothing for the view.????

The knurled ring closet to your eye is the focus ring. I have no idea what the other knurled ring does. I have the same scope as yours on my WR and it works OK. The depth of field is these scopes is fairly narrow. I adjusted my focus ring to where the item I'm aiming at and the crosshairs are in focus at the same time at 25 yards. This worked pretty well for me. I'll admit though that I do like my old Bushnell Sharpshooter scopes better on my Horton crossbows.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I believe the ring you claim spins freely goes clockwise until it locks the focus ring into the proper position for your eyes.
If your field of view is not good for what you like, try using both eyes until you get where you need to be, then close the eye that is not needed.