Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Blue Plague Has Invaded

badger

*Supporting Member*
A few weeks ago we lost some hunting ground to the amish. This property has been in my buddies family for a lot of years. Their family has one of the oldest histories in this area. His grandma passed and the remaining family sold to the amish. I cringed when I heard who my new neighbors would be. I have had a lot of dealings with these people and most were not good. I know there are good and bad in all cultures, but I'm biased when it comes to them.

Tonight my son and I are heading out to hunt a ground blind and have to pass my feeder on the way. I have been avoiding this area and wanting to leave it alone for the snow days when all these acorns are buried. I have had this feeder up over a year and only hunted it a few times. Fifty Five gallon drum feeder that I've put a lot of corn and money into. As we are nearing the feeder my son points out a climber left at the base of a tree no more than thirty yards from my feeder. The stand is on their newly acquired land, but it is an obvious set up on my feeder. We walk a little further and there is a candy wrapper, and boot tracks under the feeder. At this point I'm fucking fuming. They have only been here a few weeks and the shit is starting already. I now have to move a very well built double occupant wooden stand, and the feeder. Also it is time to post land that didn't need posting before.

It's also time to go knock on their door and introduce myself, I hope they like me. :smiley_boxing:

Yes, the blue plague has invaded my hood. :smiley_badmood:

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Fugg it ain't only the blues that do it. I have had the same problem with my neighbor on 3 ACRES!!! He is a fuck. I finally told him if it was worth getting his ass beat, leave your stand where it is.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I feel for ya badger. My cousin's grandma has a farm pond in Morrow county and nobody is allowed to fish the pond but my cousin. Them fuggers have been caught and asked to leave more then once and now the pond is pretty much empty of all the fish. A good majority of them have no regards to property lines or hunting/fishing regs. The keep every fish they catch and kill anything that has meat on it's bones in the woods just so they have enough food to feed ma, pa, and their 12 kids. Anything extra they have they sell on the side of the road from their buggies.

I have no respect for them at all. They think our laws don't apply to them and they can do as they wish..FUG THEM I say.

Play hardball with them and call them in for everything. They will get the hint :D.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My buddy says once you nail one or two for trespassing the word gets out pretty quick. Tends to slow down the trespassers. I don't know, but I have a feeling we are going to find out on his new property this year. Might be worth trying out. Just hang your cameras high and point them down on the deuschebags!

rrr

Fuck the amish.

After having hunting with them and putting up with a higher Amish rate than most, working with ex-amish for 2 years......it goes on and on. I don't like the stinky bastards, they are all going to hell - honest, they don't believe in God - they are a bunch of cheaters, wife and kid beaters, and animal fugggers.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
On another website this thread would be locked and posts deleted by now... It was a thread like this that got me banned the first time over there.. However this isn't there. LOL

PS badger.. If that stand ever finds it way onto your property let me know.. I need a climber.

badger

*Supporting Member*
There was no answer at their door this morning, but I don't think they are living there yet. I see them there in the evenings working on a horse barn, so that's when I'll get to talk to them.

Redcloud hit the nail on the head, 90% of them have no respect for game laws, property lines and such. I'll see them in the spring out on Mosquito Lake with a boat load of young kids in the cold pouring rain. Those kids have to sit there and get wet so dad can catch a limit of walleye for each one of them, and when you see their stringers, it's full of 12" walleye.

Anyways I'll be headed out there with the tractor to move my feeder and take the wooden stand down. The stand is right on the border and I've been wanting to set it up in the back yard for my son and I to practice out of. I built it out of treated lumber, composite decking, screws and lag bolts. It's a very sturdy stand that will last a long time. It will be nice to have it in the yard to shoot out of and drink beer! Depending on where I put it, I might be able to glass the bean field out back as well.

Here's a few pics of the stand.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is a good looking stand. Too bad you have to move it. Hope it isn't as bad as you think it is going to be. Maybe they will be good neighbors. I guess all you can do is wait and see really.

badger

*Supporting Member*
That is a good looking stand. Too bad you have to move it. Hope it isn't as bad as you think it is going to be. Maybe they will be good neighbors. I guess all you can do is wait and see really.

I'm still at odds with this shit. I went there early today and no one answered the door. This evening they were there but I already had a few beers and I don't like to go off alcohol induced. Right now I'm looking forward to moving the stand to the back yard, and getting the feeder in place so the deer can get used to it by the time the snow flies. They ain't hitting any feeders right now anyways with all the food thats out there. You could be right and they are good people. I will give everyone a chance. The exact reason I wasn't about to go over there after I had already had a few. Don't want to give them a bad perception of me, lol!