Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The harvest numbers are pretty sad

Milo

Tatonka guide.
And I checked out tonks email to that dude and his numbers don't match previously posted estimates

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I enjoyed reading the link posted by Charles. I like to think they are actually going to make some more conservative moves. It's about time!

Sadly, I read all the posts in the link from Beener. Think I lost some brain cells. There were a couple of them who would argue all day long about the sky being green. So long as someone would dispute it, they would argue it. Pretty sure it was Tonk's brother, son, or maybe MRex or something. Whoever it was, had a firm footing in the DNR's pocket.

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
I feel we need to listen to ourselves! I say 85% of posters are saying less deer, less deer. OK I seen on a couple of other sites threads asking "are you going muzzle loader hunting". The season will be here soon. Why not let the herd rest. DON'T GO! It's probably the hardest time of the year for the herd. COLD! Food source is down. Give up the late season and let the pregnant doe deliver!

Lundy

I am going hunting all 4 days, all day, every day, every pregnant does, button, yearling doe, young buck will be shot on sight..........with my camera.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Sadly, I read all the posts in the link from Beener. Think I lost some brain cells. There were a couple of them who would argue all day long about the sky being green. So long as someone would dispute it, they would argue it. Pretty sure it was Tonk's brother, son, or maybe MRex or something. Whoever it was, had a firm footing in the DNR's pocket.

I read that whole entire thread and all I can say is...wow. There's a few guys on there that have got to be working for the DNR. One guy wanted facts, because a bunch of redneck hunters complaining about not seeing deer wasn't enough, Wtf!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I read that whole entire thread and all I can say is...wow. There's a few guys on there that have got to be working for the DNR. One guy wanted facts, because a bunch of redneck hunters complaining about not seeing deer wasn't enough, Wtf!
Which I completely understand. But he wasn't providing any facts either. Lots of opinion.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Which I completely understand. But he wasn't providing any facts either. Lots of opinion.

I'm not agreeing with that idiot. Just saying that he wasn't taking into consideration or even listening to what the majority of us are saying. There's no way I'd ever join that forum lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Tonk did say " It was our goal"! When bringing the numbers down but they were very deceptive while doing it! Four years in a row crying out largely inflated and fabricated high deer numbers year after year followed by liberal tag limits!

As for the farmers and crop damage, if they have problems in that area just allow some respectable and eithical hunters help them in that department! No need for kill permits where great tasting venison goes to waste! This is not rocket science!

The DNR's in all states need to realize what compensation if any they receive from the insurance companies and FB will pale in comparison to what they will lose if they lose hunter participation by the masses!!! They can't have it both ways!