Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The House Flip.

Jamie

Ohio
glad it worked for you. it's a very useful concoction for heavy duty outdoor cleaning of any sort. house, deck, concrete, patio furniture, etc. you really don't even have to pressure wash it off of many things, but pressure washer is usually faster and more effective if you have one at your disposal. just hose it down to rinse away the chemicals and grim. bleach very corrosive.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
glad it worked for you. it's a very useful concoction for heavy duty outdoor cleaning of any sort. house, deck, concrete, patio furniture, etc. you really don't even have to pressure wash it off of many things, but pressure washer is usually faster and more effective if you have one at your disposal. just hose it down to rinse away the chemicals and grim. bleach very corrosive.
That concoction is going in my back pocket.

Jamie

Ohio
I think I'd try simply hitting them with a stout stick first. waging chemical warfare on your family does seem a bit harsh. :p

Reactions: hickslawns

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Long day. One of many. Closed on the main house this morning and got it sold. Went to Menards to pick up an order of interior doors, front door, baseboards, trim, knobs, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and a few other odds and ends.

20181012_231856.jpg

After emptying the trailer I loaded up all the old trim and doors to take over to the burn pile.

Picked up the floor sander from Sunbelt and got after it on the floors around 6:00. Got the back bedrooms and hall stripped with 36 grit and will need to do the livingroom tomorrow. Then I'll need to 36 grit the edges and go up to a 60 grit, 100 and finish off with a 120.

20181012_223253.jpg
20181012_231624.jpg

The spots that are still stained I'll take care of with some peroxide. My goal is to have stain on the floor before quitting time tomorrow.

20181012_231636.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Previous tenant left the microwave because they replaced the one that came with the house. I noticed it was venting out the top front but knew the house had vent pipe. I opened the cabnet above the unit.

What in the ever loving fucking shit is this! They seriously cut an extension cord and tied it in to the hard wire to plug in a microwave. Instead of just hard wiring the fucking microwave which I am SURE there was instructions for. I mean for fucks sake they didn't even use a cord with a ground prong. Or better yet roughing in a $2 box and putting in a 50 cent outlet. Jesus..

20181013_124323.jpg