Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The other site

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntnfool

Thornville
I started a thread asking why 1023 thread was closed. Instantly BAWANA pm me and deleted my post. I asked him if he was an anti. That dude taked his forum job way to seriously. You should read the gun thread I started. I am sure that will be closed sooner than later. Bunch of dumbasses over there

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'm sure after Steve reads this he'll send you a PM explaining it. Ask Ernie. He'll tell ya. Lol.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I started a thread asking why 1023 thread was closed. Instantly BAWANA pm me and deleted my post. I asked him if he was an anti. That dude taked his forum job way to seriously. You should read the gun thread I started. I am sure that will be closed sooner than later. Bunch of dumbasses over there

Steve has a few of them by the balls if you ask me. (Yep. I know one or all of you will see this. Hence the lack of hesitation to call it how I see it.) I always considered Brent (Bawana) a friend. Same with Creamer, Charlie, and Kyle. But all four of them turned on me at the drop of a hat. Maybe there's something in the Kool-Aid over there and since I turned my back on it, I'm now a marked man. In all honesty, I think there's far more to it. I think Steve was lying to them all doing his best to make me look bad. I know he told Charlie (deerhunt45) that we were making fun of him for deleting the contest threads, which was a bold faced lie. I have all the respect in the world for Charlie, well had. Knowing he was going through a really tough time when that happened, I would have been the last person to give him flack for an honest mistake.

I'm not losing sleep over it however. It says something about their character and the "friendship" I felt existed between us. Jeff Creamer called me a liar behind my back and I can promise he doesn't have the balls to say that to my face. All from a guy that I've golfed with and shared private hunting details with. I drank beer, shared some laughs, and made a friendly deal to Charlie and he won't so much as dignify my PM's with a response. Brent and I have spoken on several occasions and now he's an enemy. Hell, I got
Kyle on the best land he'll ever hunt in his whole life. How soon he forgot my benevolence.

It's a shame it has to be like that, but I won if you ask me. I proved my point to the one person it was directed at. Then I created my own playground and my real friends followed. So fuck 'em. At least we know the OS circle jerk will never miss a beat as long as Steve's cronies are there to lend a hand...

rrr

I'm sure after Steve reads this he'll send you a PM explaining it. Ask Ernie. He'll tell ya. Lol.

Oh yea I know a little bit about what the 'S' stands for in OS - shitty.

I think Jesse already said it well enough, I won't add anything else.:

So fuck 'em.

i love dis site , you guys are my heros as soon as the skirrel contes is over on the other site im done with it , to much drama , and bull shit over there and ass kissers , at least over here they give out free reach arounds:smiley_carnaval:

Diablo54

Outside
Exactly that uk I'll be done over there as soon as the deer season contest is over. I'm sick of all the stupidity.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I slide into the dog section to update some of the guys about Hank that have asked. Other than Peterson's crap that gets old, that section seems like a pretty good group. I did get curious the other day and scroll through the archery/whitetail sections. Wow! Can you say >50 posts members? Those sections are overrun with newbies. Amusing! I won't say the site has "nothing" left to offer me, but it sure doesn't have much. Prior to two days ago, I had only logged on there once since October. That was to report on Hank and reply to a PM someone sent me. haha Don't miss it.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I'm gonna make a vote to shut this one down if that's cool with y'all. We've hit this nail on the head several times and the fact of the matter is, we'll never drive that nail all the way home. I said my piece and we'll leave this go 'til the AM so others can vent and the moles can get their fill. I agreed to stop the inter-site shenanigans, so I'll uphold my end of the deal. If they wanna black list me, so be it. There's gonna be more folks that wanna know where me, and all you guys ran off to. We'll be a thorn for a long time. It's just good to know you fellers are on board with me, Joe, and TOO. You have no idea how much that means to me. It's a great gift from
a great group of dudes. Thanks for that...

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Good call Jesse.

Here is my two sense...

I find it juvenile to lock and delete threads because a member inquires on the whereabouts of another member. I feel this way regardless of the frequency for which that member contributes anymore especially when the thread was answered cleanly and left at that (perhaps I missed something after your response Jesse). Furthermore, to me, that site locking/deleting these inquire threads (if I recall, there was one about a month ago asking about Hoyt as well) doesn't fall in line with agreements to "stop the inter-site shenanigans".

So with that said, I sincerely hope the members there enjoy the site and content for what it is. As for me, I know where I will be spending my time. I know where I will look for insight, seek friendships and share whatever experiences I can whether that be something I have learned or the story of a hunt.

I will satisfy my committment to the deer contest and then call it quits.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I agree with Jesse. I stopped giving a fugg a while back about that. We set out to give people what we thought was missing. Something that we had both thought about for a while. It's nice to see people agree and like it.. Hope we can make it better and make it grow. You can't take a bunch of hunters and cram them into a PG rated box. When was the last time you went to a deer camp and sat around the fire drinking Capri Suns and talking about Shreck II.. Just Ain't going to happen.. People make the site, people make the company. We are nobodies keepers. I ain't nobodies momma or pastor. We're all individuals with a common passion. Live and let live. Do that and the rest such as friendships, the sharing of info, and the common bond takes care of itself. :)

badger

*Supporting Member*
It's a shame, but I'm getting tired of some of the things on there as well. When I first got an invite here I was still defending os, that's about done.

I was very proud of my son and his doe this weekend, and I made a post about it there just as I had here.

I think I had a total of 3 replies about it.

I guess I should have started a thread debating gun hunting ethics.

By the way, thanks to those of you who responded to the thread on my son's deer on either site. That hunt meant a lot to both of us, but I guess since it wasn't a booner, it didn't mean much to others.

blemas

Summit County
I'm glad someone started this thread cause I was hesitant to do so. I stopped over there a couple of days ago and I was shocked at what it has become. I am not going to call out specifics but it appeares as if there are a bunch of goof balls posting and running the show. It is a shame because it used to be a site that was full of knowledge and good folks, now the majority of the people that previously fulfilled those roles are here! Lets all make sure that this place NEVER turns into anything that remotely resembles that place.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I feel a little like a kid who's parents just got divorced, mom and dad are constantly bickering and I'm stuck in the middle. :frown:

I have friends in both places and will continue to visit both places.

bluedog

I feel a little like a kid who's parents just got divorced, mom and dad are constantly bickering and I'm stuck in the middle. :frown:

Me too! I feel really bad that this is going on even though I don't know any of you personally. But let me just say from a female perspective and a total outsider on all of this, the drama is better than anything that ever happened in junior high. Sometimes you just gotta let it go. I know, easier said than done. Like I said, just an observation from an uninvolved bystander that has no real emotional investment in any of this.

Hope this statement doesn't make me involved now because I really enjoy both places.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio

No one is asking you or anyone else to choose sides. There would be no bickering from this side if the other side would act with some dignity and show some respect. It's that simple. As far as I was concerned, the elephant in the room was fast asleep. I told Joe last night to make no mistake, this is not about TOO vs. OS. It's deeper than that. It's about supposed friends being disrespectful. Right or wrong, I've never been one for letting disrespect fly under the radar.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Me too! I feel really bad that this is going on even though I don't know any of you personally. But let me just say from a female perspective and a total outsider on all of this, the drama is better than anything that ever happened in junior high. Sometimes you just gotta let it go. I know, easier said than done. Like I said, just an observation from an uninvolved bystander that has no real emotional investment in any of this.

Hope this statement doesn't make me involved now because I really enjoy both places.

It's not that we like the drama. As far as we were concerned it was over. We even reached an agreement the last time that it would stop between us.

We'll, apparently someone innocently asking where 1023 went is grounds for dropping the hammer down.... It's the same old BS that got his ass into this mess. Watch. The person who asked the question about jesse will show up over here... Do you blame him after being treated like that? I bet he's pissed.. Yet somehow Jesse and I will get blamed for "poaching" him...

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Shreck II sucked

In all seriousness, it is time to move forward. Just let it be what it is.
Things change, things evolve.

'Tis a good thing goin on here. Content content content - for me, it's about sharing and learning and getting my questions answered and communicating with others about what I'm passionate about. That's happening here, without trolling, without philosophical arguments, without condescension.

There are still some good people on OS.
Every individual should utilize each site according to his/her wishes/needs.
As long as FredT is posting on OS, I'll be watching him. I'll be reading Bluedog's blogs. I'm glad I can communicate with Sam here.

This format allows me to be myself, to accept the responsibility for censoring myself. And I'm sure that if I get out of line, I'll hear about it. It's nice to be an adult among adults.

Blah blah blah I'm done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.