Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Perfect Pack

Stressless

Keene, OH
+1 on badlands Superday pack.

I'm biking into spots more, made to strap gun or bow to the back. I do not like having the pointy ends of arrows out in front of me on the bike, I've dumped it enough times... just gives me bad images.

Layers get strapped under the main storage. Works for me for years, had to replace the zipper pulls, but they actually send you those replacements for free.
16681739227295632804365994024482.jpg

I believe they changed it a bit to two secure points from three for the weapon of choice.

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
I ordered an Eberlestock X2 pack and it arrived today. I’ll do a full write up after some time in the woods with it. But, initial thoughts are very good. The pack feels like it’s built well, but slightly heavier than anticipated. I hauled a couple 50lb bags of corn this afternoon without doing any “tuning” to the straps and it was pretty damn comfortable. I loaded it up with all the unnecessary shit I take into the woods, and still had room to spare. I have a feeling I’m going to love this thing. Only 2 downfalls I can find thus far are the weight of the pack itself (already stated) and a lack of smaller/medium sized organizational pockets. I think I have it the way I want, but won’t know for sure until I’ve got it in a tree a few times.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
20200916_190018.jpg
2019-09-04_13.13.19[1].jpg

I have two different packs as well that I use. The simple black shoulder bag is what I use mainly for my hunts and the Bandlands is for any all day hunts/sits, or whenever I too need to haul more stuff out with me.

The black bag gets used the most, which is super quiet, very convenient & very easy to use, weighs nothing and I strap it onto my run-n-gun Lone Wolf Alpha climber. The Bandlands is real nice too because of the hydration, the gun holster and all the different separate compartments to haul all kinds of shit. It too is very comfortable to wear while still hunting, it's very quiet and breathable as well.

Both packs have their place. I tend to go in as light as possible often and will sacrifice much of today's creature comforts while trying to get onto whatever antlered deer I'm chasing, so it's the one that gets used the most.

Last edited:
I ordered an Eberlestock X2 pack and it arrived today. I’ll do a full write up after some time in the woods with it. But, initial thoughts are very good. The pack feels like it’s built well, but slightly heavier than anticipated. I hauled a couple 50lb bags of corn this afternoon without doing any “tuning” to the straps and it was pretty damn comfortable. I loaded it up with all the unnecessary shit I take into the woods, and still had room to spare. I have a feeling I’m going to love this thing. Only 2 downfalls I can find thus far are the weight of the pack itself (already stated) and a lack of smaller/medium sized organizational pockets. I think I have it the way I want, but won’t know for sure until I’ve got it in a tree a few times.

Yes the pack empty is a little heavier than what you would think. Like you said though it fits well so you don't really notice it when on your back as it is very comfortable.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've never minded a little extra weight, it's comfort I seek. It's why I will stick with stands and not a saddle. I'd rather have room to move around and sit down if I want, than feel confined, just to save a few pounds. Enter this pack to make that a less miserable experience.