Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The rabbits of 2022

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Lots of young rabbits and Turkey poults this year. More than we’ve had since we’ve been down here. The dog has caught 3 this year so far and a squirrel.

Reactions: giles

Left field

Anyone else notice the huge amount of rabbits we have this year? Any guesses as to why? I usually see the normal amount in the spring, but they are usually ate off by now and they aren't this year. Seems to be the only thing thriving besides big corporations.
They go through cycles of high to low numbers , have heard it also affects predators , especially coyotes

Reactions: giles

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The PA game and fish has requested that people call them if they see turkey. I guess they are getting low here or they just want to try to get a count? My dad saw 6 poults the other day. I dont trust them so we did not call. 🤣
NC is doing the same. I’ve been reporting them.

Bigcountry40

Seen quite a few more around my place in the past few months.
1660080049714.png

• Haha
Reactions: Isaacorps and giles

Bowkills

Nw oh
Was a dog for a hawk today. A falconer came out to hunt my lot. Squirrels werent out but we bumped a hare ran it for a bit and smack. Got to see the dive bomb. This was freaking fun. Hoping to see a squirrel kill this season. I had far to many ?s watching walking in amazement for my brain to take it all in. Just a shade more effective than dogs haha. They are way more evil after seeing live action.
20221211_155116.jpg

Buckmaster

Portage
Was a dog for a hawk today. A falconer came out to hunt my lot. Squirrels werent out but we bumped a hare ran it for a bit and smack. Got to see the dive bomb. This was freaking fun. Hoping to see a squirrel kill this season. I had far to many ?s watching walking in amazement for my brain to take it all in. Just a shade more effective than dogs haha. They are way more evil after seeing live action. View attachment 168301
Now that’s old school hunting. 👍