Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

"The Social Dilemma"

Stressless

Keene, OH
deleted 12 years of data they had... off for good.//
Cancel-FB.jpg

Jamie

Ohio
I'm happier everyday that I never fell into that trap. doubt that it matters much, though, as data collection is not limited to social media. I just don't think you can hide from data collection unless you are 100% off the grid, cash only, living under a rock in the middle of nowhere.

Bowkills

Nw oh
I'm happier everyday that I never fell into that trap. doubt that it matters much, though, as data collection is not limited to social media. I just don't think you can hide from data collection unless you are 100% off the grid, cash only, living under a rock in the middle of nowhere.
Sounds amazing to me wife not so much.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
deleted 12 years of data they had... off for good.//View attachment 119768
I may be wrong, but I don't think you deleted anything. If my memory serves me correct you could log back in with your old username and password and everything will be like you never left.

From my understanding they OWN the data. Every picture, every post, and probably anything that was on your phone while you where on face book.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I may be wrong, but I don't think you deleted anything. If my memory serves me correct you could log back in with your old username and password and everything will be like you never left.

From my understanding they OWN the data. Every picture, every post, and probably anything that was on your phone while you where on face book.

That's if you deactivate it. You can delete it.

To permanently delete your Facebook account, navigate to the Setting page through the downward facing arrow at the top right side of the site. Click the Your Facebook Information link under Security and Login and navigate to the Delete Your Account and Information link. Once there, you’ll have the option to Deactivate Account, which will allow you to either keep Messenger access, Download Your Information, or Delete Account.