Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Urban Meyer effect

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wow! You boys are getting all fired up. lol

I just like to turn on the TV and watch them play ball. Off season stuff doesn't matter. Wait until they are signed and see how they look going into the season. Watching college scouting doesn't get me fired up. Scouting for bucks in the off season is fun for me, but watching college scouting reports just doesn't trip my trigger. Oh well. Fun watching you guys get worked up. haha

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Wow! You boys are getting all fired up. lol

I just like to turn on the TV and watch them play ball. Off season stuff doesn't matter. Wait until they are signed and see how they look going into the season. Watching college scouting doesn't get me fired up. Scouting for bucks in the off season is fun for me, but watching college scouting reports just doesn't trip my trigger. Oh well. Fun watching you guys get worked up. haha

I keep an eye on recruiting because a team is only as good as it's players and it's coach. I really hadn't watched much college football this year because of dad passing(we talked after games on the phone) and I was in the tree every weekend. Now since Urban has become OSUs coach, it's got me fired back up again. I sure wish dad was still around, we have alot of catching up to do! I sure miss him!

GO BUCKS!

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
OSU would be about 15th if it weren't for PSU scandal.

And where do you think michigan would be without the OSU scandal? The best recruit they have changed his mind because of it. Michigans best players are from here, during the coaching change.. Take off your hatred blinders for a minute..

Kalis isn't near the best. I love him, but Ondre Pipkins, a DL out of kansas city, is our best. He's just not rated as high. Most of these rankings are more political than anything. I do get your point though. Without Tatgate, Kalis is Ohio's

epe

Lancaster
Under Armour game is on tonight at 730 I think.. Curious to see how Noah looks.. No way he can dominate like he did in High School..

epe

Lancaster
Forced fumble, drug the guy from the goal line on 4th and goal. Just added another sack on a third down play.. He has a quick first step..

Last edited:

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Ifyou've read any reports all week, Joe Bolden,a LB out of Cincy has been the best player there according to most scouts. He's the MLB that ohio wouldn't offer until he came to camp and Michigan offered and he accepted. Glad they fugged around cuz they are scrambling for LB's now and he may be the best MLB prospect in the country when the final rankings come out. He's already enrolled at UM for spring ball. Already is 6'2" 230lbs

epe

Lancaster
Ifyou've read any reports all week, Joe Bolden,a LB out of Cincy has been the best player there according to most scouts. He's the MLB that ohio wouldn't offer until he came to camp and Michigan offered and he accepted. Glad they fugged around cuz they are scrambling for LB's now and he may be the best MLB prospect in the country when the final rankings come out. He's already enrolled at UM for spring ball. Already is 6'2" 230lbs

If he is the white kid, I'm not too worried.. looked a step slow, and met the runner about 6 yards past the line of scrimmage..Practice is just that, practice.. Hate to say it cause of Lope but Alabama got some Good players last night..

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The Urban Suburban just picked up another stud today! Cameron Williams(4*LB) notified Penn St. he has decomitted and will be a Buckeye. Also the Bucks have not only plucked two coaches from Notre Lame but this past week they got two of their players to bail and become Buckeyes. Before Williams commit today the Bucks were listed at number 4 within the recruiting ranks with 22 verbals. With Williams(23 total) should help us leap frog a team or two.

GO BUCKS!

epe

Lancaster
They picked up a 5 star db for next years class yesterday. He is a juinor this year.. Rivlas has the buckeyes 3, michigan 5. Scouts has michigan 1 spot ahead of OSU. So much for it being a down recruiting year.

Last edited:

Huckleberry Finn

The Urban Suburban just picked up another stud today! Cameron Williams(4*LB) notified Penn St. he has decomitted and will be a Buckeye. Also the Bucks have not only plucked two coaches from Notre Lame but this past week they got two of their players to bail and become Buckeyes. Before Williams commit today the Bucks were listed at number 4 within the recruiting ranks with 22 verbals. With Williams(23 total) should help us leap frog a team or two.

GO BUCKS!

Lol, it it man!

hammerhead

GO BUCKS!
Actually the one coach left because Kelly didn't offer him the OC job and had his feelings hurt. The other was a good friend of Meyer and only needs 3 years working in Ohio to collect his pension. Perkins wasn't stolen he didn't qualify academically( missing a required credit). Decker is a big loss but he is a buckeye fan but Tressel never offered him that's why he verbled to ND

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Actually the one coach left because Kelly didn't offer him the OC job and had his feelings hurt. The other was a good friend of Meyer and only needs 3 years working in Ohio to collect his pension. Perkins wasn't stolen he didn't qualify academically( missing a required credit). Decker is a big loss but he is a buckeye fan but Tressel never offered him that's why he verbled to ND

Thanks for clearing all that up for us... I guess OSU is gonna suck again.