Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

They're down deep

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hit the lake this afternoon. Our money spots weren't producing so I told my dad to steer that boat for the middle of the lake and it turned on. If you're out look for the cooler water.
This was caught on the green pumpkin Zoom nightcrawler. A couple pounder made the evening worth it...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312173169.528886.jpg

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Nice fish right there.

This hot weather and bright sunlight has the fish hanging in deep water and only hitting the shallows for a short time in the mornings and during the night. I bet if you tossed a jitter bug along the banks at night you could hammer a few big old bass.

cotty16,
I have to agree with you on the temps...both water and air temps are too high. :smiley_depressive: I was fishing on a local reservoir yesterday evening and you could feel waves of heat, even after the sun set. Nuts! :smiley_arrogant: I was using my new fishfinder, for the first time and I noticed that I had to be 60 to 80 yards off shore, before I'd mark any fish.

I don't think I'll be going back out until it cools down some....at least 20 degrees.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Hit the lake this afternoon. Our money spots weren't producing so I told my dad to steer that boat for the middle of the lake and it turned on. If you're out look for the cooler water.
This was caught on the green pumpkin Zoom nightcrawler. A couple pounder made the evening worth it...

View attachment 2764

That colors been on fire lately for me, with a zoom baby brush hog. Good catch Cotty!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
cotty16,
I have to agree with you on the temps...both water and air temps are too high. :smiley_depressive: I was fishing on a local reservoir yesterday evening and you could feel waves of heat, even after the sun set. Nuts! :smiley_arrogant: I was using my new fishfinder, for the first time and I noticed that I had to be 60 to 80 yards off shore, before I'd mark any fish.

I don't think I'll be going back out until it cools down some....at least 20 degrees.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

Yep, that and the lake seemed to have turned over.
We need rain bad!

Thx guys for the compliments.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice bucketmouth, Mike!

I thought we told you to quite wearing those daisy dukes for your pictures?!?! lmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Well I must admit you do out fish me all time

Try sitting in the back of the boat and make Mike ride up front. The first cast gets the lunkers attention, the second cast get's the strike. ;) Secrets out Cotty.. lol