Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thinking outside the box... I think

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I was thinking the other night about my treestands and how I can get my boys elevated without purchasing an expensive and bulky double stand.
I already have two ladder stands hung, but will be moving one or just picking up another. Plus, I have a cheap ladder stand unused in my garage and an old hang on. Would it be stupid to hang, say the old hang on, right next to an existing ladder stand? I suppose it's how they do it on TV, right?
I figure I could just head up the ladder stand and hang the hang on on the side of the tree next to it so I'm right there with whichever kid is hunting with me. Thoughts? Ideas?

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Sounds like a plan to me, I'm pretty sure that's how they do it when they film, I think the best bet is to get a little higher though, that way you aren't blocking any shooting area.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
As long as it's safe for you and the boys, why not give it a try? Seems like it would work just fine to me.

Huckleberry Finn

Seems like it would work.

Not sure how your property is or if you could build a permanent stand, but I'd think something like Jesse's paradise blind would be perfect for you.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Some hunters that we film are more comfortable out of ladder stand so we simply put them in a ladder stand, then stand on the seat of the ladder and hang our hang on stand next to it. It actually works great, its no different than putting two hang ons in a tree or having a double stand.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Some hunters that we film are more comfortable out of ladder stand so we simply put them in a ladder stand, then stand on the seat of the ladder and hang our hang on stand next to it. It actually works great, its no different than putting two hang ons in a tree or having a double stand.

That's kinda what I figured. I'm gonna give it a shot.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have had a few sets just like this over the years that I use to hunt with Tracie and my younger cousins. It's a perfect set-up for something like you are wanting to do. When I set the hang-on, I'll hang it with the platform about 2' above the seat on the ladder stand and hang it at a 90 degree angle to the ladder. Works well for me and I'd imagine it would work great for you as well...