Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

This is why I left Montana

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
This is why I didn't stay in Montana lmao.

Station: Twin Lakes

Snow Depth: 62 in

Max Temp: 13.6° F

Min Temp: 0.9° F

Elevation: 6400 ft

Observed: 6pm PST 01/11

To get to the base camp we had to go about 15 miles further back into the Selway then where this Twin Lakes area is.
One lake is in Montana and the other just a few yards away is in Idaho.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great place to stretch you legs with a good pair of snowshoes. :smiley_bril:
Perhaps some excellent weather for ice fishing too.

No worries about tan lines or spending money on any SPF 50.
Welcome to the Buckeye... where if you don't like the weather, stick around...it'll change in a couple of hours. lol

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Sounds like a great place to stretch you legs with a good pair of snowshoes. :smiley_bril:
Perhaps some excellent weather for ice fishing too.

No worries about tan lines or spending money on any SPF 50.
Welcome to the Buckeye... where if you don't like the weather, stick around...it'll change in a couple of hours. lol

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

I will tell you that the snow depth will almost triple that by the end of the season. We went back to the base camp at the end of June and there was still 10-12' of snow at Twin Lakes and both lakes still had ice on them as well.

I will get my old pics from June 96' tomorrow and scan them to post up. Great time and wouldn't change any of it but I won't go back out there during the winter months again lmao. Climbing up 1k-2k feet of hill from the valley floor to cross a ridge and down the other side in snow that deep even with snowshoes will kill a man lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Hey Adam, make sure you share those pics. I love seeing pixels from the western states.

It will be later tonight when I get a chance to hook-up the scanner to this dino laptop. Cross your fingers the scanner doesn't send the laptop into convulsions and make it puke lmao.

I got some studying to do and snow to remove today first though :D.