Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

This one looks heavy! Not a deer.......

Ricer2231

The females typically will. But the males may not because it doesn't normally get cold enough for long enough.
In my opinion this looks like a big male. I would just about bet that he's looking for a sow this time of year. 3/4 of a mile is just a little jaunt for him if he's out cruisin for a girlfriend.

Last edited:

deerslayer1985

The females typically will. But the males may not because it doesn't normally get cold enough for long enough.
In my opinion this looks like a big male. I would just about bet that he's looking for a sow this time of year. 3/4 of a mile is just a little jaunt for him if he's out cruisin for a girlfriend.

Thats what I was wondering since it doesn't get very cold for very long during our winters....Oh I know thats not a very long jaunt for a bear. I just thought it was kinda cool he went that far that quick, and happened to go by both cams. My cousin who lives in Pennsylvania and has a bunch of bears on his place said a males home range is like 20-25 square miles...Slightly smaller for females... Then on the grabbing the tongue.....lol I think I would have done shot and killed it before it gets close enough for me to grab its tongue......lol

deerslayer1985

If one is charging at me, or acting aggressive in any way.....I'm not taking any chances.....its either me, or the bear.....It sure in the hell isn't going to be me......