Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tick tock.....waiting on Erie ice ..

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Can't come soon enough . Sure am hoping for alot of time out there this season

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm with ya man. Last year was a lot of fun out there. I'd love to have another ice season like that one!

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
I get layed off next friday until march so i'll be ready for some of that east harbor bluegill action. It was Jan 18th when i started last year and the ice was iffy then but set in quick.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Tried it...disliked it.
Did you catch ant fish? That makes a huge difference in the enjoyment level of ice fishing. Last year was one of the best ice fishing seasons this state has ever seen. Most people I've heard of that tried it for the first time last year are absolutely hooked (no pun intended) on ice fishing.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Last yr was my first yr ice fishing Erie . Luckily a buddy of mine has lots of gear and started me right . Its so much fun using a flasher and watching fish interact with the lure .

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Did you catch ant fish? That makes a huge difference in the enjoyment level of ice fishing. Last year was one of the best ice fishing seasons this state has ever seen. Most people I've heard of that tried it for the first time last year are absolutely hooked (no pun intended) on ice fishing.

Caught a couple. Always did better on ponds than the lakes around here. I would do it if I didn't have anything else to do. Would rather tackle the honey-do list first. Lol

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just need the wind to die down and we'll be in business before too long boys! Sandusky Bay is froze clear across and I've heard there is ice all around the islands on Lake Erie. Wind chills at -20 by this weekend!!! Bring on the ice!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Hell ya ! Was talkin to my buddy today .....we are running the airboat out to south bass and stayin the weekend when it gets fishable out there