Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Time Saving Method for Sharpening Broadheads

I have 3 different Stay Sharp sharpeners for various blade types. I use them on a belt sander that has a disc sander option with an 800 or 1000 grit disc. I just barely touch them on the disc, just enough to get an even edge with a slight burr. Then I polish them off with a buffering wheel that gives them a mirrored edge. 💯 I can use this setup with single bevels or double bevel broadheads with the same excellent results. Plus, it's a huge time savings. (y)
Stay Sharp 2.jpg

Stay Sharp 1.jpg

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
I have 3 different Stay Sharp sharpeners for various blade types. I use them on a belt sander that has a disc sander option with an 800 or 1000 grit disc. I just barely touch them on the disc, just enough to get an even edge with a slight burr. Then I polish them off with a buffering wheel that gives them a mirrored edge. 💯 I can use this setup with single bevels or double bevel broadheads with the same excellent results. Plus, it's a huge time savings. (y)
View attachment 197281
View attachment 197282
I like the setup

Reactions: Bowhunter57
I like the setup
Thanks! (y)

I'd like to find a variable speed drive for this belt sander, to slow it down and make the sharpening process more controllable. :unsure: That's why I say it just takes a light touch to get a burr on the blade's edge, since it's going so fast. Also, you want the disc to be rotating away from the blade edge, similar to how the device is dragged backwards across sandpaper or other media.