Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tires weren't as painful as expected

Schu72

Streetsboro
Well, thanks to my fater-in-law, putting new tires on the Ram wasn't as bad as I thought. I put 4 new Deuler At Revo-2 275/60R/20 for $915 out the door. I was expecting to be in the $1200 range with mounting,balancing, disposal, etc. Plus the owner of the shop hooked me up with a $100 dollar mail in rebate. So in reality I'm only in for $815. Still a big chunk of change, but not near what I was expecting.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Gotta love a good deal!!! I'm shopping quad tires right now and it blows my mind what's happened to those prices in 4 years. I can buy 3 tires today for what I bought a full set of tires and rims back in '07!!!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
i have been loooking at tires for a month now...best I have found is cooper zeon LTZ 275/60/20 for 868.00.....

I really dont want to spend that kind of money but I need tires bad...

that was at pep boys.

deerjunkie

Canton, Ohio
i have been loooking at tires for a month now...best I have found is cooper zeon LTZ 275/60/20 for 868.00.....

I really dont want to spend that kind of money but I need tires bad...

that was at pep boys.

Dude...I told you I bought mine from treadepot.com for $610 delivered to my door.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Quit talking about this! You guys are depressing me!!!
I'm a ways off, but the prices will just keep going up.

Well Mike, I got just under 41K out of my stock Wrangler HPs. Those tires sucked in the rain and snow. Hopefully I get a little better wear out of these.

deerjunkie

Canton, Ohio
They arent even close on that price anymore....They wanted 175.00 a tire..then add shipping and then I would have to pay about 100 bucks to get them mounted and balanced...

Those are about the same price when I bought them. However, I got into a bidding war with treadepot and discount tire direct. Made multiple phone calls back and forth till I got the lowest. Check other websites and then call treadepot and they will price match and probably beat others prices. Just because they have that on their website doesn't mean squat. You can haggle on teh price, trust me!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I tried playing tread depot and discount tire between eachother....I didnt get any deal better than what I got.....if I could get them for 600 shipped like you did I would be extatic!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The Revo 2's are a great tire. I put a set on my ranger about 6 thousand miles ago and so far I really like them. I got a hell of a deal on mine... $685 out the door.