Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

To cheer up Redcloud

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Hey man! I plead the fifth! ha

This is the first year I have had to deal with other hunters to this degree also. My best spot has been ruined because of one guy and his pop up blind in the main bedding area on the property line. My house has been ruined by the neighbor putting in a hillbilly 4-wheeler riding park. The new farm I just obtained this year looked awesome before season. Had 12 P&Y bucks, one was a BBBC candidate. Once the 25th of sept. rolled around, they all vanished! Only two have returned and it was at like midnight!

To answer the latest gripping question from hunters, "Why is there so much leasing?" Well folks, just read this post, then you will see why. I can gurantee you something, next year I will have a lease with one of my buddies. It is already in negotiation. Im done dealing with idiots! Deer hunting is what motivates me, and many of you know how anal I am. I want full control of the area I hunt. If it takes spending a grand to do it, then so be it! Start saving up fellas, if you want good hunting this is what its gonig to take. There are to many idiots out there today that are ruining the good hunting!-

I agree that it has gotten worse but weather you purchase a lease or not it doesn't stop people from being stupid and trespassing in the woods or poaching your deer. I can't afford a lease so I will just keep the money I don't have and hang it up if this is the way of the future. I think if the sheriff and the DNR would start cracking down on the law breakers like they should with the laws already on the books it would end a lot of the BS going on out there.
Leasing is a double edged sword. You can lock down the property but the guys that just got the boot are going to be pissed and add to the number of people looking to screw with you.

I don't think there is a clear cut method to the madness.

Kaiser878

ohio
I agree that it has gotten worse but weather you purchase a lease or not it doesn't stop people from being stupid and trespassing in the woods or poaching your deer. I can't afford a lease so I will just keep the money I don't have and hang it up if this is the way of the future. I think if the sheriff and the DNR would start cracking down on the law breakers like they should with the laws already on the books it would end a lot of the BS going on out there.
Leasing is a double edged sword. You can lock down the property but the guys that just got the boot are going to be pissed and add to the number of people looking to screw with you.

I don't think there is a clear cut method to the madness.

I can promise you, there wont be people on it when I lease it. THe best they can hopefor is that they get caught by the sherrif, they are not going to like hte alternative!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I can promise you, there wont be people on it when I lease it. THe best they can hopefor is that they get caught by the sherrif, they are not going to like hte alternative!

I wish you the best of luck Kaiser. Give um hell bro.

All I know is if they can't read a NO TRESPASSING sign and do the right thing then you might be camping out on that property spending more time tossing people off of it then hunting it. I'm not saying that word wouldn't get around and people would leave it alone but it isn't going to be an overnight thing. Your looking at a couple years of investments and even then you will still have problems from time to time.

I just know for me personally. If I was going to shell out 1k-$1500 a year I would just save up a couple years and use a reputable outfitter and book a hunt someplace. Let them deal with all the headaches of trespassers and such.

I'm not telling you or anybody else not to lease. I'm just saying it's not a cure all for the problem and your still going to have issues out there.

Again. Best of luck Kaiser and I wish you the best in your endeavors.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I should not put this out on the public side, but I will anyway. The property these pictures were taken on is a property I hope becomes mine. Might take 3-5yrs or maybe even 10yrs, but eventually they will be ready to sell. They have told me so. Nonetheless, if I have my way, this property will be mine someday. If this is the case, ripped down trespassing signs and spray painted signs are not going to sit well. In fact, the property owners are not too happy about it now. Neither am I. Anybody have a broken trail camera to hang as a "donor cam". I am planning on hanging a cam using my LW sticks up in a tree pointing down. It will be facing the "No trespassing" sign when I replace it. Catching them stealing a trail camera (a second one) would be even better.

Screw leasing. I have bigger goals than this. I want to own the friggin' place. haha